PDA

View Full Version : Range Problem in XXI

ElephantMemory
02-12-09, 01:43 PM
Well I'm sure a lot of you also have this problem. But what the hell am I supposed to do when they give me a patrol grid that I cannot even reach with my fuel.

They want me to patrol the area of south africa. There is no way I can get there and back no matter how much I manage fuel on one tank. Is there a way to call in a Tanker or something?

mcarlsonus
02-12-09, 01:52 PM
...once one "moves up" (quotes intended) to the Walther-fuel boat, one must reset "Options" to allow for unlimited fuel. You're right: this monster will never make the tip of Africa, no matter how much porpoising one does or how low the surface speed maintained. I restarted a German career once so that I could avoid the new boat! It has other problems, as I'm sure you'll discover, in addition to fuel limitations!

captgeo
05-07-09, 06:35 AM
I have to shake my head at this news:down:, in disgust at another example of poor game structure:nope::nope::nope:

Morpheus
05-08-09, 06:45 AM
I'm sure a lot of you also have this problem...

Yes, you can read my summary here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=150274)

kr morph

Speedo
05-08-09, 10:02 AM
Yea this problem was for me to but i loaded game before geting new bout :)

Webster
05-08-09, 11:29 PM
it is simple enough to change the type 18 u-boats range with s3d to have the same range as the 9D2 has so why not just do that?

after all its an imaginary boat anyway so in this case realism isnt that critical is it?

captgeo
05-09-09, 06:39 AM
s3d......????? whats that my friend?

Webster
05-09-09, 10:45 AM
s3d......????? whats that my friend?

OMG :o how can you not know what s3d is ???

its only THE greatest modding tool ever made.

have a look: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571

captgeo
05-09-09, 11:37 PM
LMAO:har:, well thats GREAT news:woot:,.......now all I have to do is start MODing.......:doh::har:

captgeo
05-25-09, 01:01 PM
it is simple enough to change the type 18 u-boats range with s3d to have the same range as the 9D2 has so why not just do that?

after all its an imaginary boat anyway so in this case realism isnt that critical is it?

Hey Webster, my friend, how about one of youre fix's ( JSGME compatible) for this problem ( or somebody else) I am sure that enough players exsist who could and would use this fix.