To the Forefront of the Subsim Forums.
As like this General Discussion Forum.
Thank You.

owner20071963
02-07-09, 11:21 PM
Lets Vote.

Chad
02-08-09, 01:55 AM
I feel that as Subsim has 25 different forums, 5 of which are for SH3 and SH4 already, adding one more will create too much of a clutter. Though I do see your point, I personally don't play SH3 or SH4 online. I stick with the career or single missions thanks to GWX and team.

Ultimately, it's up to Neal, and as long as the forum is being used for good purposes and is pretty lively, I'm sure he'll help you guys out. :)

Kapitan_Phillips
02-08-09, 02:11 AM
I have tried to make the SH4 multiplayer forum more accessible, but noone seems to be using it.

owner20071963
02-08-09, 07:01 AM
I feel that as Subsim has 25 different forums, 5 of which are for SH3 and SH4 already, adding one more will create too much of a clutter. Though I do see your point, I personally don't play SH3 or SH4 online. I stick with the career or single missions thanks to GWX and team.

Ultimately, it's up to Neal, and as long as the forum is being used for good purposes and is pretty lively, I'm sure he'll help you guys out. :)

25 Different forums,
I agree,but the main Purpose here is to Combine Both,
On the main page like General Topics,
calling it maybe Silent Hunter Series Multiplay MatchUp,
then inside have 2 links therfore making it easy
for new players of the Game,
Most stores now sell Silent Hunter now as a Multipack
with 3 and 4 and U-Boat Missions for the price of 1
what is Proposed here is 1 link on Subsim Forums
For both,not a subforum for SH3 & SH4
As you say you do not play Multiplay?
Then you miss Half the Fun Of Silent Hunter,
The Future is in Multiplay Gaming,as with most new games,
I'm sure The Silent Hunter Dev Team
will address this with the up and coming
Silent Hunter 5

owner20071963
02-08-09, 07:11 AM
I have tried to make the SH4 multiplayer forum more accessible, but noone seems to be using it.
As my above Quote,
maybe Combining Both would be a good Idea,
as you use same login Nickname & Password
For all your games on Ubisoft,
1 Main Forum,then inside have the 2 links,
for both Multiplay Matchups,
maybe calling the Main Forum
[The Silent Hunter Series Multiplay MatchUp]
an Idea for the Future here on Subsim Forums for Silent Hunter
Vote Now

Thomen
02-08-09, 11:27 AM
IMHO, I think it is perfect as it is. The recent posting volume (number of threads and post) is just not really high enough to justify to put those on the main forum page.

While I agree that multiplayer features are important for games and make games more interesting, it seems that those do not seem to be of high importance for the overall community here at Subsim.

At the end, it is Neal's decision.

owner20071963
02-08-09, 02:16 PM
IMHO, I think it is perfect as it is. The recent posting volume (number of threads and post) is just not really high enough to justify to put those on the main forum page.

While I agree that multiplayer features are important for games and make games more interesting, it seems that those do not seem to be of high importance for the overall community here at Subsim.

I Agree the whole reason to put them
there is for New Members of Subsim,
Making it More easier for them to Find
Multiplay MatchUp,
My Vote Is Yes

Thomen
02-08-09, 04:07 PM

Multiplay MatchUp,
My Vote Is Yes
Those sub-forums are already listed on the main page. Just the font size is smaller. They are sub-forums, because they are not the game itself, nor the most important part of those game for everyone, imo.

Let me ask you this: While I admire your work for the multiplayer community here, isn't it rather contra productive to the overall mulitplayer discussion here to run and advertise your separate multiplayer community?
I do not mean to be disrespectful, but find this a rather curious coincidence. And it made ime wonder, though, why even have those two forums and not just a link to your page, when (I assume) most of the multiplayer matchup is done outside this community here anyways.

Rebel
02-08-09, 05:04 PM
multiplay is what playing with others is :yeah: a game is like life .As you play this game with others you are playing how you play life:damn:

The Butcher
02-08-09, 05:13 PM
Many people miss out on half the fun of this game because Multiplayer is not more in the forefront. If it was more part of the forum I think more people would enjoy this rich community. We could really use a place to help people develop map making skills and give the different groups more exposure.

owner20071963
02-08-09, 05:23 PM

Multiplay MatchUp,
My Vote Is Yes
Those sub-forums are already listed on the main page. Just the font size is smaller. They are sub-forums, because they are not the game itself, nor the most important part of those game for everyone, imo.

Let me ask you this: While I admire your work for the multiplayer community here, isn't it rather contra productive to the overall mulitplayer discussion here to run and advertise your separate multiplayer community?
I do not mean to be disrespectful, but find this a rather curious coincidence. And it made it wonder, though, why even have those two forums and not just a link to your page, when (I assume) most of the multiplayer matchup is done outside this community here anyways.

I am not Promoting our site in such a way as you say,
Confusing for those who are new to the game,
sub-forums as they are already Listed,
Are very confusing for new members,
Some here have no interest in Multiplay,
that is their choice,our members,
most of whom are over 50 & Under 99,love the Game,
[Finding the Multiplay MatchUp,for everyone here,
for SH3 & SH4,made easy to Find here on Subsim;
That is the main Point for Voting Here]

owner20071963
02-09-09, 12:08 AM
Many people miss out on half the fun of this game because Multiplayer is not more in the forefront. If it was more part of the forum I think more people would enjoy this rich community. We could really use a place to help people develop map making skills and give the different groups more exposure.

A Future Positive Post :arrgh!:

Jimbuna
02-09-09, 01:20 PM
If it's of benefit to the community....I'll vote yes http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

PaulH513
02-09-09, 06:32 PM
I will vote yes for the following reasons:
. First and foremost is the fact that as a sub category it tends to be overlooked by those who have no idea what MP is all about.
. There are many players who have never experienced the excitement of MP and having its own rightful heading would fuel more players to give it a try.
. Once a player goes online, they will see the immediate benefit of MP; such as learning the game from others by using Teamspeak as an example and of making friends from all over the world.
. Some players get frustrated because of connection issues, hosting problems and which mods to enable or not when playing MP and this could be explained in a clear concise matter.
. For those of you who have never played MP, I would say give it a try.
. MP is growing each day and now is the time to bring it to the forefront.

Graf Paper
02-09-09, 06:36 PM
I think owner and jimbuna have both stated the most important point here. It would indeed be a benefit to the Silent Hunter community at large by raising awareness of the multiplayer aspect of SH3 and SH4.

When navigating these forums, you do have to know what you're looking for where the sections for multiplayer and mission desgin are just a small sub-heading. I've been a part of Subsim Radioroom for a while now and I still miss those links at times!

By promoting the multiplayer in a more prominent way, you're providing additional opportunities for players to discover and enjoy Silent Hunter. This not only gives new opportunity for Subsim to grow, by bringing new and current online players to have a major part in the community, it also promotes awareness of SH3 and SH4. I know Ubisoft will take notice and that will create even more interest from players that have yet to discover Subsim's part in the community.

Many PC games and nearly all console games made in recent years place heavy emphasis upon the online multiplayer. Look at the successes of World of Warcraft, Counterstrike, and the Halo series, to name a few. Game developers have turned their attentions to this in a big way and you can be certain Silent Hunter V will have far more work done on the multiplayer.

Having a strong multiplayer community will help to ensure that future devlopment of the Silent Hunter series will continue. The same is true of any other multiplayer games Subsim hosts in these forums, be it Dangerous Waters or 688i. Until GWX 4 is released, I also see this as the best way to garner more interest in SH4.

If Neal does decide this has merit, it will be up to the rest of us to promote and breathe new life into the multiplayer forums. Just putting it out there will not be enough. If noone is willing or able to make that commitment, then we're wasting time.

So let's say six months to create noticable growth and activity. If it doesn't work out things can go back to the way they were.

So what do you think, Neal?

owner20071963
02-10-09, 10:10 AM
I will vote yes for the following reasons:
. First and foremost is the fact that as a sub category it tends to be overlooked by those who have no idea what MP is all about.
. There are many players who have never experienced the excitement of MP and having its own rightful heading would fuel more players to give it a try.
. Once a player goes online, they will see the immediate benefit of MP; such as learning the game from others by using Teamspeak as an example and of making friends from all over the world.
. Some players get frustrated because of connection issues, hosting problems and which mods to enable or not when playing MP and this could be explained in a clear concise matter.
. For those of you who have never played MP, I would say give it a try.
. MP is growing each day and now is the time to bring it to the forefront.

I totally agree,Vote Yes :arrgh!:

Tchocky
02-10-09, 10:13 AM
Anyone else reading owner's posts in rhyme?

owner20071963
02-10-09, 10:27 AM
Anyone else reading owner's posts in rhyme?

Thats so kool,:salute:
At least the Subject is being Viewed,
and Voted on.

Thomen
02-10-09, 10:43 AM
Many PC games and nearly all console games made in recent years place heavy emphasis upon the online multiplayer. Look at the successes of World of Warcraft, Counterstrike, and the Halo series, to name a few.
Those are some bad examples. ;) Wonder how the single player modes of WoW or CS are played....

Better examples would be NWN 1&2 and probably ArmA or OFP, though the ArmA single player campaign sucked. The multiplayer community for NWN is huge... and I mean.. really really HUGE, yet there is plenty of single player supported, through mods and community.

If you want more emphasis on the MP community, why not just integrate the COMSUPSPACK here into SubSim? That gives you guys more exposure and anyone looking for MP games gets directed to this community, especially since COMSUBSPACK is also recruiting on other sites.

Graf Paper
02-10-09, 12:40 PM
You're operating under a greatly flawed misapprehension, Thomen.

This is NOT about ComSubsPac. It is about the Silent Hunter online gaming community in general. There are other SH multiplayer groups out there, believe or not. :O:

Subsim gets a great deal of attention among devoted SH fans and it is felt that the best possible way to raise awareness among the many diverse multiplayer groups that there is indeed a place to gather and share their experiences, as well as bring together first-time players, is here at Subsim. There are still a great many that do not know there is any place to find other online players and build a community beyond logging into ubi.com's SH servers and joining a game.

My examples may be dated, but they are no less valid. The original Counterstirke still has a fan base of regular online players.

As for WoW and CS lack of single-player modes making them poor comparisons to SH3 and SH4, that's an inane argument. We are talking about online multiplayer here, not single-player.

Kapitan_Phillips
02-10-09, 01:15 PM
Well, like I said; I have been doing my best on the SH4 front to assist others into the multiplayer community. The stickies in the SH4 Multiplayer Subforum have over 20,000 views, so they cant be being overlooked that critically. :06:

owner20071963
02-10-09, 11:55 PM
Well, like I said; I have been doing my best on the SH4 front to assist others into the multiplayer community. The stickies in the SH4 Multiplayer Subforum have over 20,000 views, so they cant be being overlooked that critically. :06:
I do agree,but Overlooked here on Subsim they are,
Viewing is 1,As a Subsim Moderator,where is Your Traffic going?
Views Yes? Comments No. Why?,
Our reason for this Poll? Vote Yes,
Bring Multiplay MatchUp to the Forefront Of Subsim Forums,
No Sub-Forum,
but be in the Main Forum for every New Player of the game to See,
And they will say Hey??
Multiplay is Here on Subsim,
Lets make it easy for a Newbie to View,
1 click,and not Look for Subsim Sub-Forums for
Multiplay MatchUp,
Some here prefer to post, like a Woman
in a Kitchen with 50 Others Trying to cook 1 meal,
What is the result???????
To up their,ooh I've Posted 5,000 times here on Subsim,
Lets get Real,
This benefits All who play Silent Hunter,
This is a Community Vote
for All in the Game We Love.
If you are only Interested in your Career?
and not Multiplay? Please do not comment here,
Your Interests Are Self And Not for this Community.
[Subsim Silent Hunter Series Multiplayer MatchUp]

Kapitan_Phillips
02-11-09, 05:16 AM
No you missed my point; I was pointing out that people DO seem to be able to find and view the subforums easily, but no-one can force them to post. I think most people take a more "hit and miss" approach to multiplayer (by using the ingame Ubi lobby), or they go elsewhere to meet up. As long as people are enjoying the game, and have the knowledge that Subsim has a facility to advertise and set up multiplayer games, then I see no reason to promote the sub-forums up one rung :)

owner20071963
02-11-09, 07:23 AM
No you missed my point; I was pointing out that people DO seem to be able to find and view the subforums easily, but no-one can force them to post. I think most people take a more "hit and miss" approach to multiplayer (by using the ingame Ubi lobby), or they go elsewhere to meet up. As long as people are enjoying the game, and have the knowledge that Subsim has a facility to advertise and set up multiplayer games, then I see no reason to promote the sub-forums up one rung :)

You see no reason to Promote the sub-forums up one rung?
The current pole Vote suggests otherwise so far :yep:

owner20071963
02-11-09, 11:42 PM
You see no reason to Promote the sub-forums up one rung?
The current pole Vote suggests otherwise so far :yep:
No reply??:hmmm::hmmm:

This thread has the backing of The GWX Crew,
ComSubsPac.com,and Ubisoft.com,
And all Who Dare To Play Multiplay?
Be Captains Man Your Sub,[All We Need Is Good Men]
lets Play,
Can You Manage Your Sub In A Wolfpack?
Or Are You just a Subsim txt Player?
Can You Captain A Sub??
Or Just Mod It?
1 hr 30 minutes to Complete a Mission?
Can You?????
We at CSP will be hosting
A Worldwide Multiplay Competition Very Soon,
With Prizes,
The Question Is?
Are You The Avatar You Say You Are??
Captain?Bosun?Engineer?Watchman?Torpedo Man?etc,etc?
Prove It,
Can You Survive?
GWX 3.0 Multiplay???

Well If You Think You Can??
Vote,Reply with Your name here,
Lets see Who would Love The Challenge?
Can You Captain A Sub????
If Not?Do Not Enter Your Name.
Just Reply Yes Or No :arrgh!:

Kapitan_Phillips
02-12-09, 07:21 AM
Well in the end it isnt my decision to make :88) I'm for giving it a try though.

owner20071963
02-12-09, 09:48 AM
Well in the end it isnt my decision to make :88) I'm for giving it a try though. Thank you I think it may benefit
all new Members on Subsim :arrgh!:

Onkel Neal
02-12-09, 09:52 AM
What is the main point? Do we need to switch the SH Multiplayer matchup forum to a main forum, not a sub-forum?

Done. As long as it gets plenty of traffic, it will remain a main forum.

Neal

owner20071963
02-12-09, 09:57 AM
Thank you Neal,
I'm sure it will.