PDA

View Full Version : I finally purchased SH4

popcorn2721
02-04-09, 12:22 PM
Ok...maybe it was wrong but I finally purchased SH4 (retail) out of fear that I would not be able to purchase it agian without searching online. I was rather disapointed with it right out of the box and have yet to fire a single torp. I might put some mods in later but Im back to SH3... and looking at installing GWX3, after I wrap up my latest campaign. Its been a long time since the eye candy and game play were on such far ends of the spectrum as they are in SH4.:nope:

FIREWALL
02-04-09, 12:32 PM
The Modders have fixed alot of things in SH4.

I hope you bought SH4 Gold uboat missons 1.5

Just about all the big mods are based on 1.5

Piggy
02-04-09, 12:37 PM
I know exactly how you feel....

I went through the same thing about a month or so ago. Looks great, plays poorly. I even tried all of the major mods and could not get into any of them like I can with GWX. Im not sure if its the game itself, or if its the different theatres. For some reason the cold dark atlantic waters and U-boats seem more appealing then the pretty blue pacific and with fancy fleet boats. :arrgh!:

Weiss Pinguin
02-04-09, 01:11 PM
*sigh*

How I wish my machine could support SH4. :( Maybe I'm just weird, but I had lots of fun with SH4, even though I could only play from the map/attack rooms.

Hopefully I can upgrade in time for GWX4 :yeah: That Japanese campaign coming out also looks interesting.

Fincuan
02-04-09, 01:45 PM
Maybe I'm just weird, but I had lots of fun with SH4, even though I could only play from the map/attack rooms.

You're not weird, it's just a damn excellent game :up:

Sailor Steve
02-04-09, 02:54 PM
*sigh*
*sigh* dittos

How I wish my machine could support SH4. :( Maybe I'm just weird, but I had lots of fun with SH4, even though I could only play from the map/attack rooms.
Same here. I load it up and look at it on a regular basis, and play the Navigation Scenario over and over.

popcorn2721
02-04-09, 03:10 PM

Yeah I got the SH4 Gold pack.... I wish they would do a SH3mod for SH4 so I can install my GWX3.0 to my SH4 1.5.....er you know what Im getting at?

Jimbuna
02-04-09, 03:14 PM

Agreed http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

Sailor Steve
02-04-09, 03:51 PM
Yeah I got the SH4 Gold pack.... I wish they would do a SH3mod for SH4 so I can install my GWX3.0 to my SH4 1.5.....er you know what Im getting at?
GWX4 was announce months ago. Whether it's actually being worked on yet is a secret.

And no, I'm not in on it - I'm just hoping.

Weiss Pinguin
02-04-09, 05:03 PM
*sigh*
*sigh* dittos

Same here. I load it up and look at it on a regular basis, and play the Navigation Scenario over and over.
I'm not the only one! :lol: I feel ya Steve... Ah well...

Reece
02-04-09, 07:35 PM
Same here. I load it up and look at it on a regular basis, and play the Navigation Scenario over and over.Yes that's about as far as I get, I think my main problem is reading the forum, this don't work, that don't work, found another bug, what's wrong with this, how do I fix that, I fix this now this don't work, what the .., is this supposed to happen, has anyone been able to fix this, etc etc!!! I don't know whether to :haha: or :wah:.

StarLion45
02-04-09, 08:48 PM
:har: :har: :har: :har:

FIREWALL
02-04-09, 08:52 PM
Same here. I load it up and look at it on a regular basis, and play the Navigation Scenario over and over.Yes that's about as far as I get, I think my main problem is reading the forum, this don't work, that don't work, found another bug, what's wrong with this, how do I fix that, I fix this now this don't work, what the .., is this supposed to happen, has anyone been able to fix this, etc etc!!! I don't know whether to :haha: or :wah:.

:har: :har: :har: :salute:

Sailor Steve
02-05-09, 12:45 PM
I feel ya Steve...
Not unless you buy me dinner first!
:rotfl:

Sorry, couldn't resist.:O:

Weiss Pinguin
02-05-09, 01:34 PM
I knew that was coming, just wasn't sure who would bite first :lol:

Sailor Steve
02-05-09, 04:26 PM
I knew that was coming, just wasn't sure who would bite first :lol:
Aw, there you go with that kinky stuff again.:yep:

harzfeld
02-08-09, 02:36 AM
I haven't brought SH4 yet. My PC probably could handle it, but I am still enjoying SH3 with mods. I noticed SH3 is still more popular than SH4, including numbers of threads/posts in this and UBI's forum websites. I don't think I am missing much except for 6 bow torpedoes which I wished German ought to have. There have been discussions about SH4 having better graphic, I think SH3 with GWX is good enough for me. I am not being particular about candyeyes as well that I'm skeptical on games having better or newer graphic than previous verisons because often they downplay gaming experience at least for me. If UBIsoft had release SDK to make it easier to mod both SH3 & SH4, then perhaps I would give it a consideration on getting a SH4.

tonschk
02-08-09, 03:55 AM
Yes I agree the SH4 have plenty many bugs but with the addition of mods the SH4 game can reach without a doubt better realism than SH3

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z58/tonschk/81800_SH4Img62009-02-07_11_34_17_34.jpg