PDA

View Full Version : New Review

Brag
02-01-09, 08:00 PM
This book reminds me of all the great action spy thrillers I read as a teenager. It’s got action, cynicism, and plenty of intrigue. A good book like this should be noticed by more people.

to read more:

Foma*: BooksFirst - January 2009 (http://livebythefoma.blogspot.com/2009/02/booksfirst-january-2009.html)

UnderseaLcpl
02-02-09, 04:21 AM
Kingmaker Review review

I often write a review because I have read a book, but I wrote this one because I read a review. Yellojkt is a self-professed BlogWhore who admires dedication when it comes to flogging books. So, when I had nothing to do at 3 AM, I read his review.

Yellojkt's review is set in a fictitious country where it acceptable to spell Braguine's name as "Baguine". Into this mess steps, John Trager, whose name is beset by a superfluous comma. The plot revolves around comprehending what on earth a macguffin is, and a power struggle between the book's characters to be included in the brief lineup offered.
The review never unfolds quite as you expect, but the twists include a seemingly redundant use of the word "action".

This review reminds me of reviews of other books. It's got a little bit about the author, and an informative but succinct description of the book. A good review like this suggests that people should notice a book.

TarJak
02-02-09, 05:52 PM
Nice review.:yeah: