PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the best dynamic campaign in a flight sim

Loud_Silence
02-01-09, 06:31 PM
I've been looking for a real-time dynamic campaign wich could reproduce a war from a wide and reallistic way for a long time. But so far this is what i've found:
Enemy Engaged Comanche Hokum: has a simple and pretty straightforward campaign. Not much complex, but fun. But it's very limited to a helicopter warfare
F22 Total Air War: AI is just stupid, and without the player flying the "important missions" (attacking the campaign objectives), its impossible to complete the campaign.
IL-2 Sturmovik and all the games of the series: i just hate staged campaigns, even if they are dynamic.
LOMAC: it has just a bunch of missions brought together. If you fail the mission, you fly it agan. If you complete it, you pass to the next.
And last but not least, Falcon 4.0 Allied Force: It has the best campaign i've seen so far. But there's a glitch with the campaign management AI. There's a point where it starts sending all assets to naval strike missions, while your airspace is just a playground for the enemy forces. It also has a very bad control of the ground units, so you just end up taking over about a thousand batallions and squadrons:o That's just impossible.
Open Falcon 4: if the campaign management works well in this versions of Falcon, you have to rely solely on it, since the "make package" funcion, where you can make flights to attack important targets or defend certain areas, is disabled.

Oberon
02-01-09, 06:42 PM
BOBII: WOV

You can create the missions, react to raids and then fly the aircraft you've sent up.

No night-bombing, fighting missions though and little to no ground activity (which is realistic because Panzers had a hard job crossing the channel) :salute:

Furthermore, the BDG patches for BOBII just keep getting better, and the community over at the Shockwave forums seem to be quite friendly and open to offers of help or questions. Always a plus. :yeah:

Fincuan
02-01-09, 06:49 PM
Falcon 4: AF has the best I've seen. :yeah:

HunterICX
02-02-09, 06:18 AM
WWII - BoBII:WoV
Modern-Era - Falcon 4.0

:yeah:

HunterICX