PDA

View Full Version : Range to End of Course

Shado
01-29-09, 12:49 PM
I have a noobie question, I started my first patrol on 12/8/1941, heading to Midway then onto Boingo Straits (sure spelling is off). I always check to see how far the last way point is. The first time I checked it it was like 1358, then about an hour or 2 later I checked again, it was now 1398? :o How can I travel towards to Midway and loose miles? Not sure how this happened. Has anyone else gotten this? I have RFB latest edtition, RSRD latest edition and patch for RFB.

Soundman
01-29-09, 06:30 PM
Well I would assume you had the same speed set when you did your comparisons. I've noticed the inconsistantcies too, and due to that, have not relied on it in quite a while. I could be wrong here, but I've since read that the differences may come from sea states, such as rough seas as apposed to no waves. That would be logical and very realistic. If this is true, that would be pretty cool. Note that you can have the throttle set ahead standard, and your speed will vary dependent upon the sea states.

Fincuan
01-29-09, 07:51 PM
Soundman, you sure the distance to the last waypoint varies with sea state? :D

As far as the op is concerned, there's no known bugs or errors in the game in that area. You might want to recheck which function you used, and also the numbers.

AngronIsAngry
01-30-09, 05:46 AM
Maybe you are not following the plotted course. If you made some manual adjustments (because of planes, isles, ....) you might be of the course be just a couple degrees or are all out in the reverse gears (weirder things happened on my mistakes).

Soundman
01-30-09, 10:05 AM
Soundman, you sure the distance to the last waypoint varies with sea state? :D

As far as the op is concerned, there's no known bugs or errors in the game in that area. You might want to recheck which function you used, and also the numbers.

:har: Oh Yea, I see your point here, :doh: I was thinking more on the line of "Time" to end of course. My appologies. I have however, as posted above, seen some inconsistencies, but I'm also talking about the early stages of the game. Don't really know if newer patches have made any differences because I don't use the feature anymore. ....I think I might be digging myself in deeper here...I'll shut up now...:DL