PDA

View Full Version : TMO question about recognition manual

PurpleCity
01-28-09, 07:05 PM
I've noticed many of the ships in the recognition manual are duplicated. Is this a bug?

I was going to replace the TMO rec manual with the original SH4 1.5 rec manual.

Does TMO change ship any masts or add any new ships that can not be recognized with the stock Recognition manual?

thnx

Soundman
01-28-09, 07:31 PM
I've never seen this, but I am also using RSRDC on top of TMO. Someone here may be able to offer more assistance, but you should list what other mods you may be using and in what order you have them installed. Also, what you are patched to,what version of TMO etc......

Stary Wuj
01-30-09, 03:47 AM
I've noticed many of the ships in the recognition manual are duplicated. Is this a bug?

I was going to replace the TMO rec manual with the original SH4 1.5 rec manual.

Does TMO change ship any masts or add any new ships that can not be recognized with the stock Recognition manual?

thnx

Good question, I saw duplicated ships in Recognition Manual, but worst, I have strange problem with setting distance to target, I think, that Rec Manual masts heights are combined with some files to make proper distance setup possible via stadimeter, mayby some errors in this files data....?

Stary Wuj

tomoose
02-01-09, 01:49 PM
I've seen a couple of duplicates but I assumed there was a subtle difference that I didn't notice.
I also have a couple of 'blank' pages which say it's a 'Camera Target', what's that all about???
I'm running TMO 1.6.3 with RSRD and despite using the 'hot key' and/or clicking the appropriate icon I have yet to see what "ship ID" is supposed to do. Can someone explain what this function is for or how it's supposed to work?

thanks,
:up:

tater
02-01-09, 06:22 PM
The game gives us almost no control of the rec manual.

ALL merchants will show in the rec manual. This means that if there is a clone of the ship, it will show up again in the rec manual, even if it is not a real clone, but a new cfg file that points to another dat structure.

Ie: an allied version of a japanese merchant ship with no difference except non-japanese people on deck.

It's a basic flaw in the game that we have not been able to control the rec manual more. There are some ways to mess with it, but they are all ugly to do.

rubenandthejets
02-01-09, 07:34 PM
I've seen a couple of duplicates but I assumed there was a subtle difference that I didn't notice.
I also have a couple of 'blank' pages which say it's a 'Camera Target', what's that all about???
I'm running TMO 1.6.3 with RSRD and despite using the 'hot key' and/or clicking the appropriate icon I have yet to see what "ship ID" is supposed to do. Can someone explain what this function is for or how it's supposed to work?

thanks,
:up:

I think those blank "camera targets" are to make the photo recon missions more realistic. Instead of taking photos of some merchant ships that will sail anyway (totally pointless silliness in stock), in one of these mods (can't remember if it's TMO or RSRD ) you take photos of these invisible ships, which is simulating taking photos of wharves and harbour facilities-a much more sensible recon mission, using the available code as land units are non interactive.

I'm goin' down
02-01-09, 10:37 PM
The ship Recognition Manual for RFB does not contain lengths of ships. There are no compatible mods that do. Hopefully, someone will soon make a Recognition Manual that has ships lengths, so we can used the Torpedo Angle Data Calculator Mod which requires the same to properly estimate torpedo angle settings.