PDA

View Full Version : Isn’t it strange how some things catch your eye.

SeaWolf U-57
01-22-09, 09:13 AM
As I was looking through some old scrap items someone had long ago thrown out I noticed an old type cloth purse scrunched up in the corner of and travel set I don’t really know if the two were linked or if it had just ended up in there. What’s this I said …its just full of old washers came the reply …can I have it then ….take it.
Back home I opened the purse and emptied the items out these are not washers they are coins it looked as if someone had tried to make a necklace out of them one had the initials B.F.P made by what looks like a punch as were the holes looking closer at the coins you can still make out the markings on them …if only they had not been altered you would be able to see all of the coin I can make out a ships wheel and an anchor on one side and what looks like a coat of arms on the other side of a newer looking coin and it has the date of 1949 on it along with the words 50 CENTIMOS .
Another coin has what looks like a joisting Knight and on the other side an eagle sitting on a coat of arms and the words DIEZ CENTS ESPANA 1945
In total there was six coins in the purse how many questions that will never be answered did this find bring along with it
And what are the coins made of not like modern day coins I don’t collect coins and haven’t really has an interest in doing so