PDA

View Full Version : Need a decent game!

AJ!
01-21-09, 03:14 PM
Hi all

Well as the title suggests i need some suggestions on a decent game to play. Ive had a look at alot of pc games out and there is next to nothing that takes my fancy.

I play Navy field on and off sometimes and have just given up on Pirates of the burning sea due to the rediculous amount of time required to get anywhere. Im not too keen on the mmo games because theres just too much to do. I get overwhelmed quickly and dont have the attention span to get into it.

Im after a game with a sort of rpg element so ive got something to work for but if possible something not to far into the relms of fantasy. My favorite rpg game was the diablo series so if theres nothing else maybe something like that. Stalker is a perfect option but ive completed it once and there isnt really much point or enthusiasm to go through again :shifty:

Dowly
01-21-09, 03:31 PM
Fallout 3? :hmm:

Ubergeek87
01-21-09, 03:53 PM
Bioshock, Titan Quest, or perhaps something like The Guild 2

ajrimmer42
01-21-09, 04:25 PM
I just got Mirror's Edge and I'm hooked, I'd recommend that.

Blacklight
01-21-09, 04:47 PM
My favorite rpg game was the diablo series so if theres nothing else maybe something like that.

Diablo really wasn't an RPG. It was just an action oriented hack and slash.

I'd reccomend Deus Ex. It's a really good FPS with some RP elements. Lots of action in that one but at the same time, you can outsmart things without HAVING to expend tons of ammo as well.

stabiz
01-21-09, 04:49 PM
Bioshock is a great game.

Rilder
01-21-09, 05:18 PM
X3-Reunion/Terran Conflict?

Dwarf fortress? :P

nikimcbee
01-21-09, 06:05 PM
Hi all

Well as the title suggests i need some suggestions on a decent game to play. Ive had a look at alot of pc games out and there is next to nothing that takes my fancy.

I play Navy field on and off sometimes and have just given up on Pirates of the burning sea due to the rediculous amount of time required to get anywhere. Im not too keen on the mmo games because theres just too much to do. I get overwhelmed quickly and dont have the attention span to get into it.

Im after a game with a sort of rpg element so ive got something to work for but if possible something not to far into the relms of fantasy. My favorite rpg game was the diablo series so if theres nothing else maybe something like that. Stalker is a perfect option but ive completed it once and there isnt really much point or enthusiasm to go through again :shifty:

how about yahtzee?

kiwi_2005
01-23-09, 03:23 AM
Hi all

RPG = Fallout 3,

Due out in Feb is Alpha Protocol (Multiplatform)

Alpha Protocol is a multiplatform title, not a PC-exclusive release. However, aside from Bethesda's Fallout 3, Alpha Protocol was the game we were most impressed with at the show. It's a bit further out than Bethesda's title, as Obsidian's newest RPG isn't slated until February 2009, but it's shaping up to be a great combination of gunplay, dialogue, and true action-oriented gameplay. Unlike many Action-RPGs, players in Alpha Protocol have the ability to dodge and roll, similar to games like Gears of War or Dark Sector, they've got access to a realistic dialogue system that doesn't give infinite time for chances, and it's got the RPG backbone that keeps it from being just another shooter. PC, Xbox, PS3

TarJak
01-23-09, 06:02 AM
Risk?

Wolfehunter
01-23-09, 05:57 PM
Stalker SOC with my supermod pack. :up:

CaptHawkeye
01-23-09, 09:36 PM
Mirror's Edge makes me laugh. The game has lots of pretty skylines and cityscapes that you can look at...and then remember you can't go to any of them. Every time you realize this just ask yourself "Why am I not playing Assassin's Creed?"

how about yahtzee?
You mean the lord of self-pandering zero consistency? Yahtzee liked Crysis......for all the same reasons he hated Halo 3. I honestly used to like him, but now he just annoys me. His reviews concentrate less on games these days and more on just trolling. Despite how much he claims otherwise he's actually quite kind to many really crappy games.

AJ!
01-24-09, 05:13 AM
Stalker SOC with my supermod pack. :up:

Hey wolfehunter

I looked at your supermod thread but you said you will need a very good pc to play it. I can play stalker on medium but i cant push it anymore so i guess that mods not an option for me.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, i have completed bioshock when it came out and games like x3 are too slow pace for me.