PDA

View Full Version : Radio Message received.

Spike88
01-15-09, 09:09 PM
Its October 1939 and I'm controlling U-46 a type VIIB out of Wilhelmshaven. I was patrolling between England and Ireland after coming north around Scapa Flow to reach my patrol grid of BF17. I had just sunk a coastal merchant with my deck gun and was telling the navigator to return to course. I hear the beep beep beep of an incoming radio message and head into the radio compartment. My Radioman hands me the message and I scan over it not really noticing it. That is until I notice that it says
TO: U-46

Returning to base due to low feel and ammo.

I'm like woah. Did I just get a message from myself? :rotfl:
I knew I shoulnd't of put Bernard as a radioman. I guess the crew was tired and was trying to get me to return to port.:lol:

Weiss Pinguin
01-15-09, 09:34 PM
Haha, samething happened to me. I got a message from U-42 telling me they were sinking. :o Almost came true several hours later whilst attacking a convoy...

Jimbuna
01-16-09, 08:29 AM
LOL

The radio messages are already scripted into the game.....this is simply a coincidence.

Sailor Steve
01-16-09, 07:19 PM
Yep, those are actual historical messages inserted so we won't feel so alone out there. Unfortunately that does happen from time to time.

Chisum
01-16-09, 07:26 PM
It still fun !
I received something like this:

"From U-101 to BdU: no more torpedos, back home."

And I was U-101 full torpedos !

:lol:

And I imagine(with a great pleasure !) the head of a newbie who don't know that's only funny message !

:damn:

Redbear
01-18-09, 10:23 AM
It's happened to me too. I like to think of it as a mistake made by the U-Boat that sent the message, maybe in distress while under attack or dealing with serious damage. It's fair to say not all messages sent during war are 100% accurate!

Brag
01-18-09, 10:46 AM
From BDU
It has come to our attention that a bunch of clowns are sending messages to themselves without sending them but receiving them when they have not sent them.

This practice is to stop immediately before you recive messages sent by yoursel.

JS Balz
acting ops officer, BDU.

Weiss Pinguin
01-18-09, 02:17 PM
Bernaaaard! :rotfl:

Sailor Steve
01-19-09, 12:04 PM
Wait until you get one saying you've been sunk!:dead:

Bernaaaard! :rotfl:
:rotfl: You beat me to it.:up:

von hally
01-19-09, 12:38 PM
Haha, samething happened to me. I got a message from U-42 telling me they were sinking. :o Almost came true several hours later whilst attacking a convoy...

well i'm afraid i'm responsible for those messages mate.:yep:

i put in every u-boat lost and the correct dates/times as i could find while making the distress messages mod, and unfortunately this is one of the drawbacks...its inevitible your boat number will come up at some time, unless you spend all your time in port!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

hope you are enjoying the sinking messages all!!!!