PDA

View Full Version : Walther Fuel

couger642
01-15-09, 06:08 PM
Hi i have just joined here and i have one question: is there any way to get unlimited Walther turbine fuel? I just love the submarine and wish to know of any way to aquire said effect.

Couger.

Sirkam
01-16-09, 04:58 AM
There's no "Ulimited Fuel" option in stock game (I think).

Werewolf
01-16-09, 05:58 AM
@Couger

Even the Walther does not have unlimited fuel :) What the Walther turbine is/was, was an air independent propulsion system quite like the Sterling engine and the fuel cells of today only it burned hydroperoxid instead of hydrogen. The advantage was a) an enormous effect which gave a lot of power and b) extended submerged range. Once the hydrogenperoxid was burnt, it was over and the sub would be a plain old diesel electric boat again.

What you can do, I'm not sure, but I think it will work, is to open the submarine files with S3D and go to the section called hydrogenperoxid propulsion and then increase the range value there :)

couger642
01-16-09, 04:06 PM
Thank you very much for telling me.

Edit: i found out how to increase range. Is that it?

Edit of the edit: Thats definatly it, but can a negative number mean forever?

Travis Reed
01-16-09, 08:30 PM
Thank you very much for telling me.

Edit: i found out how to increase range. Is that it?

Edit of the edit: Thats definatly it, but can a negative number mean forever?

More likely a negative number can mean CTD or non-working Walther propulsion...my money's on CTD...

couger642
01-16-09, 08:45 PM
Rofl, only got 1kt!!:rotfl:

Edit: If anyone else is to try this, i suggest using an insanely large POSITIVE number to increase Walther fuel size.

Werewolf
01-16-09, 08:47 PM
@Couger:

Sorry for the late reply :D As Travis says I think that a negative number will provoke a crash too. But you can try.....this is something that I have never experimented with so....If the negative number doesn't work then just make it an enormous positive one then, that should put you close to infinite fuel.

By the way, some of the guys who are working on the "Cold War Mod" have made nuclear submarines, I am sure that they have experimented with similar things. try to go through the thread and see which one of them who built the nuclear subs....I think Sledgehammer was one of them.....and ask them how they did it. :)

You need not thank me, in here we're all in the same boat :up: ...... or at least that's how I feel about it :lol:

couger642
01-16-09, 10:15 PM
One last question: could you direct me to said thread?

Edit: Nevermind, found it

Werewolf
01-17-09, 10:27 AM
Edit: Nevermind, found it

Oookay :up:

dagon86
01-28-09, 07:33 AM
Hi,
can someone explain which file I have to edit, and how, to increase the walther turbine range?
thk

no done :P

mjohnston87
02-21-09, 06:30 PM
Would anyone be able to shed a little more light on how to increase the fuel of the Walter Propulsion engine ???

Sledgehammer427
02-21-09, 06:39 PM
there is no way to increase the fuel, just the range
its like exchanging a 400hp V-8 engine for a 400hp inline 4
you are getting better economy out of the second, while having the same power.

try increasing the rangeand engine RPM, dont increase it by too much, just like 20 or 30, and increase the range about tenfold

mjohnston87
02-21-09, 06:42 PM
there is no way to increase the fuel, just the range
its like exchanging a 400hp V-8 engine for a 400hp inline 4
you are getting better economy out of the second, while having the same power.

try increasing the rangeand engine RPM, dont increase it by too much, just like 20 or 30, and increase the range about tenfold

In what folder do i find that information ???

mjohnston87
02-21-09, 08:05 PM
@Couger

Even the Walther does not have unlimited fuel :) What the Walther turbine is/was, was an air independent propulsion system quite like the Sterling engine and the fuel cells of today only it burned hydroperoxid instead of hydrogen. The advantage was a) an enormous effect which gave a lot of power and b) extended submerged range. Once the hydrogenperoxid was burnt, it was over and the sub would be a plain old diesel electric boat again.

What you can do, I'm not sure, but I think it will work, is to open the submarine files with S3D and go to the section called hydrogenperoxid propulsion and then increase the range value there :)

Any chance you could expand on where in the game folders to change these settings ???
Or if anybody else knows, I have searched for quite along time, without results.
Any help would be appreciated :)

Sledgehammer427
02-22-09, 11:05 PM
in

Data/submarine/NSS_Uboat18/

you will find
NSS_Uboat18.sim

open this up with S3D.

go to Unit_Submarine
and click on the little "i" icon under it on the left-hand side

You will see a drop-down menu on the main screen.
there you will see things like
Unit ship.
Front/rear diveplane
E_propulsion.
Hydrogenperoxid_Propulsion
STOP! RIGHT THERE!
open up the dropdown and increase your range and engine RPM.
hit enter after you do and save before exiting

now test it ingame.
and have fun. you have just modded sh4 (welcome to the bigleagues:D )