PDA

View Full Version : big ship search

drazic
01-15-09, 12:06 PM
greetings,
when in career and after playing awhile (after '42 and transfered to brisbane ) you get the same objectivs at japan ,but travelling there you see a lot of action happening at the solomon islands ( bismarck sea ) .
the problem here is that it all seem to be big convoys and pretty dangerous . has enyone patroled the area and are there big fish to find ?
(knowing you still have to complete all your objectivs ,is it word it ?)

rubenandthejets
01-16-09, 10:30 AM
Just have a go at 'em! You're close enough to base to reload easy enough and I find I'll get a couple ships for 8-10 torps using the old "SUPRISE!" pop up from 90+ meters in the middle of them. Duck and weave out, sneak up for a peek, pop the lurking DD on all stop and any of the sitting ducks / limpers.

I don't worry about the admirals too much. They give me medals and renown despite pretty much ignoring them and hosing lifeboats to boot. I just use common sense-I reported a 3 DD taskforce in shallow water near the Phillipines and quietly "lost" the INFLICT HEAVY DAMAGE orders. Keep up a decent tonnage and they love you anyway.

drazic
01-16-09, 12:28 PM
just go for it . :rock:

Soundman
01-16-09, 05:38 PM
Yes, if you come across something juicy, go for it. If you expend too much of your inventory, go to the nearest base to resupply, then proceed to the main objective. This works backwards as well. Finish your objectives and then go into the main shipping lanes. This is fun and may be good for renown, but you are actually rewarded better for completing more objectives. In other words, finish the first one, then report to HQ and you should receive a new objective, providing you have ample fuel and weapons. If you are low on supply, go to a base, resupply, then radio in. I've read here that some guys will finish up to ten or so objectives before returning to base. I will usually just do three or four because the longer (more objective type) patrols take much longer to load the game. Ever notice how quick a save will load early in a patrol compared to the latter part?

drazic
01-20-09, 05:51 AM
your all right !
sink what you see !( if it backfires you can reload anyway)