PDA

View Full Version : Controlling Dive Planes?

mazachan
01-14-09, 01:12 PM
I've tried searching for this, but couldn't find an answer. Is there any way for you to manually control the dive planes similar to the rudder? If not, seems like an oversight to me.

Orion2012
01-14-09, 01:17 PM
No way to control dive angle or trim.

FIREWALL
01-14-09, 01:33 PM
Keyboard key D= Dive
S= Surface
A= Level the boat

This works for me in SH-3 and SH4. I'm able to more or less control\change the depth or rise of the boat.

SteamWake
01-14-09, 01:33 PM
Nope, its up to your diving officer to set them.

More disapointing is the inability to operate the engines seperatly.

I thought "A" was the crash to desktop key :D

Anyhow welcome to subsim.

mazachan
01-14-09, 01:35 PM
Ah... well, at least I just found out how to level the boat! Thanks Firewall!

FIREWALL
01-14-09, 01:44 PM
Nope, its up to your diving officer to set them.

I thought "A" was the crash to desktop key :D

Anyhow welcome to subsim.

That was fixed by CCIP long ago.

@ Mazachan Your welcome and Welcome Aboard :up:

mazachan
01-14-09, 01:44 PM
Not sure if this is a bug, but it seems like if you're below the crush depth line and you order the boat to dive, the dive planes actually go up? :doh:

SteamWake
01-14-09, 03:33 PM
Not sure if this is a bug, but it seems like if you're below the crush depth line and you order the boat to dive, the dive planes actually go up? :doh:

your lucky they went down in the first place ;)

Honestly its only eye candy will not effect the subs performance at all. :know:

aanker
01-14-09, 04:48 PM
That is the Test Depth indicator needle not the crush depth. "D" will usually take you down - or up - to the Test Depth unless it has been modded in a mod.

Typically you can safely go around (or below) 1 1/2 times Test Depth (rough estimate) - above Crush Depth - although Crush Depth varies quite a bit from that 'guesstimate' in SH4 for each boat class ... and of course if that was modded in a mod it will be different as well.

Happy Hunting!

Art

mazachan
01-14-09, 09:49 PM
Sorry, I meant test depth. I was trying to test the limits of the sub. I figured instead of diving 10 feet at a time to just tell the dive officer to go down. I was surprised when I hit "D" and saw that the sub was going up.

gimpy117
01-15-09, 09:25 PM

yes welcome....

shoot! I've been wanting to control the engines separately...too bad :cry:

FIREWALL
01-15-09, 09:41 PM
I must have the only SH=3 that when I hit D key the sub keeps diveing till it implodes.

And when I hit S it rises to the surface until I hit A then it levels off.