PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with same mission.. any fixes?

Capt. windh
01-11-09, 09:01 AM
Hi peeps.

I am playing SH4 right out of the box this far, and I am now stuck with "troop insertion" mission at Okinawa. It has happened three times now, even though a new in game movie (saying that subs will be sent to patrol an area and maybe put down some japs carriers).

But do I get a mission when I go to the board? Noo... troop insertion.. again..

I have read one thread about it, but itīs over a year old.. Is there a good patch that doesnīt screw up other things, that fix this stupid bug?

Really annoying... :nope:

John Channing
01-11-09, 09:44 AM
Download and apply patch 1.4. Remove any Mods you are running before applying it

http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=2172

You don't need any of the other patches listed.

Unfortunately you will lose any current mission you are in in career mode. Once you apply the patch in port you should be OK.

Several of the larger Mods improve the mission structures even more, but make the game a little more challenging. I use Trigger Maru Overhauled (TMO) and it really adds to the experience.

JCC

tomoose
01-11-09, 10:28 AM
JC is correct, TMO makes the game much more challenging and entertaining and will make you appreciate just how flawed "out of the box" is. Having said that, it's probably adviseable to get comfortable with the stock game, warts and all, prior to installing a big mod. Check the stickies in the mods forum on Trigger Maru Overhauled, Real Fleet Boat and Run Silent Run Deep to find out more on what each mod does.
I'm a big fan of TMO with RSRD and am still running the 1.4 version and enjoying it thoroughly. If I find 1.5 in the stores I'll probably "upgrade" and maybe look at RFB for a slightly different experience.
Ultimately it all depends on what you prefer to get out of the game. The modders here are great and you can pretty much tailor the game as you see fit.

Capt. windh
01-11-09, 12:09 PM
Ok, guys thanx for the input. I will look into this.

Cheers.

Capt. windh
01-14-09, 09:38 AM
Well that fixed it good. Thanx again.

Just wondering if the "Natural Sinking" Addon is fixed and good to go? I would like this to be my first mod..

Another thing..

One thing that I donīt like with the patch is that, when unsing time-compression, aircraft are much closer when theyīre noticed than before, giving me almost no chance to submerge in time. They are already "red" and identified when time-compression automatially switches off. (I have air-radar installed on my sub)..

Is there a way to change this?