PDA

View Full Version : Green Screen

Dale1957
01-08-09, 08:44 PM
Anybody Out There Ever Have Your screen Go Green While Trying To Start SH4?.The Game Was Running Fine Until One Day I Got The Idea To Reinstall SH3 With The Plan Of Adding The Mods For Running S-Boats In The Game. When I Started SH3,The Screen Turned Green And After 20 Or So Seconds,The Dreaded Blue Screen Appeared And PC Crashed/Rebooted.I Then Uninstalled SH3. Soon After I Started SH4 And Was Shocked To See The Same Green Screen!.When I Contacted Ubisoft,They Tried Giving Me Solutions That had Nothing To Do With My Problem.The Only Shortcomings My PC Suffers Is That It Is A PCI And I Have A GeForce 6600 Card.[Can't Upgrade]Still its Good Enough To Run FS2004,FSX,SH4,etc. Anybody Got Any Ideas? I'm Stumpped.I'm Thinking Different Versions Of Direct x9.0c Could Be The Problem?.

Coolhand01
01-08-09, 09:45 PM
Best answer I can give....

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133290

....CH

Syxx_Killer
01-08-09, 09:54 PM
Is it a very bright green? I got it a couple times only when running RSRDC at the time. I think I had Operation Monsun activated, too. I got the green screen a couple times and that was when I was viewing the museum. I only got the green screen when viewing a ship imported from SH3. When you go to the British section in the Museum the first ship to appear was an imported Revenge BB. The ship would appear and a second later the screen went green. I don't remember any BSODs, though I didn't wait around long enough to get one. I hit the reset button on the computer. It happened again when viewing the Revenge later on. On still another time when viewing the Revenge, the textures didn't load and the entire ship was bright yellow. It only seemed to happen when viewing the Revenge and not any other ship imported from SH3, although I didn't really check out the other SH3 imports that much. I guess I saw so much going on with the Revenge because it was always the first ship to load when I clicked the British menu. I have never had any anomalies when viewing ships from SH4.

Dale1957
01-10-09, 12:57 PM
yes bright green.game does not load.