PDA

View Full Version : Man shoots talker at movies

Onkel Neal
12-27-08, 12:14 PM
Cialella told the family sitting in front of him in the theater on Christmas Day to be quiet, police said.
An argument ensued while others at the Riverview Movie Theatre watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, according to Philly.com.
Cialella then approached the family from the left side of the aisle and shot the father, who was not identified, as he was standing between Cialella and his family, according to the police report.
The victim was taken to Jefferson Hospital with

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/27/movie.shooting/index.html

I have mixed emotions on this one :rotfl:

Dowly
12-27-08, 12:30 PM
He just did what everyone was thinking. :yep:

Aramike
12-27-08, 01:29 PM
Cialella told the family sitting in front of him in the theater on Christmas Day to be quiet, police said.
An argument ensued while others at the Riverview Movie Theatre watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, according to Philly.com.
Cialella then approached the family from the left side of the aisle and shot the father, who was not identified, as he was standing between Cialella and his family, according to the police report.
The victim was taken to Jefferson Hospital with

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/27/movie.shooting/index.html

I have mixed emotions on this one :rotfl:No doubt. :hmm:

breadcatcher101
12-27-08, 01:42 PM
I hope he was considerate enough to have used a silencer with his pistol.

SUBMAN1
12-27-08, 02:07 PM
I also have mixed emotions on this one! :D

-S

Hylander_1314
12-27-08, 02:09 PM
When you're at the movies watch the movie. If you want to talk, stay home and talk. Oh, and don't talk to the people on the screen, it has been proven that they can't hear you.

clive bradbury
12-27-08, 02:14 PM
Personally I have no mixed emotions on this one - people talking in movies should definitely be shot...

Raptor1
12-27-08, 03:20 PM
Personally I have no mixed emotions on this one - people talking in movies should definitely be shot...

Agreed

A Very Super Market
12-27-08, 04:01 PM
Don't forget families who bring children to R rated films.

Onkel Neal
12-27-08, 06:00 PM

Hahaha! That made me spit tea on the keyboard, you rascal! :dead:

Onkel Neal
12-27-08, 06:02 PM

And cell phones. I can deal with a phone that rings, but when they open it and start a conversation....:hulk:

Stealth Hunter
12-27-08, 06:28 PM
I like it when I get behind a rowdy black person. They can make even the worst movies fun. I remember when I went to see "The Sixth Sense", and one black woman kept going, "DON'T GO IN THERE! WHY DO YOU NEED TO GO THERE!!?":rotfl:

Digital_Trucker
12-27-08, 06:57 PM
I like it when I get behind a rowdy black person. They can make even the worst movies fun. I remember when I went to see "The Sixth Sense", and one black woman kept going, "DON'T GO IN THERE! WHY DO YOU NEED TO GO THERE!!?":rotfl:

Why does it have to be a rowdy black person? You can't be entertained by rowdy rednecks?:D

Stealth Hunter
12-27-08, 07:01 PM
The rednecks get more annoying than anything.

Digital_Trucker
12-27-08, 07:19 PM

As do the prejudiced.

Etienne
12-27-08, 07:41 PM

And cell phones. I can deal with a phone that rings, but when they open it and start a conversation....:hulk:

And texting. Bright screen. Beeping. Giggling. Repeat. Summarize to the girl sitting next to you. Beeping. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Die.

Frame57
12-27-08, 08:34 PM
Ach! Sometimes when I have to wait for a particular piece of Medical equipment to be rotated so I can service I will go to a movie rather than twiddling my thumbs. So it will be a matinee and damn if the stay at home Mom's decide to bring a terrible two toddler that wants to bawl its head off. Don't get me wrong here, i do not want to shoot the kid, but the Mom who just lets junior keep on crying. Come on ladies get a baby sitter or put a teet in the kids mouth.....:damn:

Stealth Hunter
12-27-08, 08:54 PM

As do the prejudiced.

:rolleyes:

Kapt Z
12-27-08, 09:04 PM
All over a Brad Pitt movie?!?!?:roll:

Go to the movies and be caught between loud jerks and armed hotheads????:nope:

The couch, the wife, the widescreen tv... looking pretty good.:up:

nikimcbee
12-28-08, 01:43 AM
...so this is a bad time for my mst3k impersonation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGnEIGuHjtU

A Very Super Market
12-28-08, 01:47 AM
It would be nice to go to a theatre and NOT hear someone screaming to their friends the entire plot of a movie.

It would also be nice if said movie also wasn't horrible

AVGWarhawk
12-28-08, 08:10 AM
First of all, if you need to bring a gun to the movies, it is time to find a safer place to live. Second of all, ones approach in asking another movie goer to refrain from talking needs to be done as nicely as possible. If it persists, then the said talker will have a problem come the next request to shut the hell up. So, did the gunman go for the gold on the first cease and desist request? Who knows. People do need to shut up at the movies. Come on, my family of 4 will run about $50.00 after popcorn and candy are purchased. I for one do not pay $50.00 to hear others reviews of the movie as it happens. At any rate, the use of a weapon is a bit extreme. I wonder if everyone else hit the deck or clapped after the deed was done? :hmm:

Jimbuna
12-28-08, 08:49 AM

Not much chance of it happening to you :p