PDA

View Full Version : Skybird - Who has been on your ignore list longer...

SUBMAN1
12-21-08, 04:46 PM
I want to know who holds the record for being longest on your ignore list? August's caption says that he is a proud member since 2007. I beat him don't I? :D :yep:

-S

Oberon
12-21-08, 04:56 PM
:hmm: Isn't this an exercise in futility asking a question to someone whose ignore list you're on?

PeriscopeDepth
12-21-08, 05:02 PM
Is there a reason the whole forum has to see this thread degenerate? This is a question to one person. PM them FFS.

PD

Morts
12-21-08, 05:39 PM
Wow, you just cant go 5 minutes without trying to get some attention huh ?

Stealth Hunter
12-21-08, 06:35 PM
Wow, you just cant go 5 minutes without trying to get some attention huh ?

Apparently not.

Zachstar
12-21-08, 07:03 PM
I want to know who holds the record for being longest on your ignore list? August's caption says that he is a proud member since 2007. I beat him don't I? :D :yep:

-S

How is this not a personal attack?

Reported

baggygreen
12-21-08, 07:04 PM
Maybe its a lack of coffee, or i'm simply looking at it completely wrongly (is wrongly even a word??:know: ), but how is it a personal attack?

Biggles
12-21-08, 07:07 PM
Can't blame him for ignoring you really...

August
12-21-08, 07:13 PM
At the risk of being reported by Zachstar I personally find it quite liberating...

Biggles
12-21-08, 07:15 PM
I would feel terrible of the thought that someone finds you so annoying or stupid or what-have-you that he/she simply decides to ignore you.

Certainly hope I'm not on anyones ignore list.

fatty
12-21-08, 07:24 PM
You know, you wanna talk about liberating, I've had that punk Biggles on ignore for months!

Just kidding!

Biggles
12-21-08, 07:30 PM
You know, you wanna talk about liberating, I've had that punk Biggles on ignore for months!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Just kiddin' too, obviously

August
12-21-08, 07:32 PM
I would feel terrible of the thought that someone finds you so annoying or stupid or what-have-you that he/she simply decides to ignore you.

I seem to recall an Indian saying about how people can be defined by who their enemies are. Personally, i like everyone here except those nazis that show up from time to time.

baggygreen
12-21-08, 07:33 PM

Just kidding!Hey you Pinko Commie!:rotfl: I wanna block you! but then i cant read your stuff.... :hmm: hrm, that doesnt work does it:doh:'

Edit - any fututre chess matches might not work too well either.....

Biggles
12-21-08, 07:37 PM

I seem to recall an Indian saying about how people can be defined by who their enemies are. Personally, i like everyone here except those nazis that show up from time to time.

Point, don't like (real) nazis too. My kid brother is mentally challenged, so how could I? But ignoring them is not the best way to deal with them. Neither is refusing to grant them their right to think what they want.

Reece
12-21-08, 08:13 PM
At the risk of being reported by Zachstar I personally find it quite liberating...:up:
I can see this thread being closed really soon!!:lol:

Aramike
12-21-08, 08:46 PM
Wow, you just cant go 5 minutes without trying to get some attention huh ?:up: This is so goofy, I'd thought I'd join in the fun and post for no reason either.

antikristuseke
12-21-08, 11:54 PM
Good to see some things still stay the same after being away (for the most part) for three months.

A Very Super Market
12-22-08, 02:43 AM
I'm pretty sure magicsub2 hates me with all his heart.

And the Nazis probably.

UnderseaLcpl
12-22-08, 03:45 AM
I reccommend thread closure by virtue of the fact that this thread is a personal attack.

Though I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with SUBMAN1 and August on many issues, I will never the condone the persecution of a person on the basis of whom they choose to acknowledge or ignore.

Reece
12-22-08, 04:51 AM
Good to see some things still stay the same after being away (for the most part) for three months.That's right, IIRC you got drafted or something, how did it go?:D

antikristuseke
12-22-08, 05:32 AM
Like it usualy goes for Top Gear: ambitious but rubbish:P
all the info is in this thread, cant be bothered to type it all over again
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=142338

Reece
12-22-08, 06:26 AM
After a quick read seems a mixed bag, hows that gummy knee? hopefully all ok now!:yep:

antikristuseke
12-22-08, 06:31 AM
My knee is still ****ed and dont know when I'll go under the knife. Anyway, I'll keep you guys informed as soon as I get the information.
But meh, im in a lot better shape than i was, put on 6kg of muscle mass in those months and I keep that exersize regime right now, exept for the runing bit. As soon as my knee is fine I'll go back into the Estonian Defence forces, hell, might even try to pass selection for the special operations group, estonian special forces that are being formed. There i could get my hands on a G36 :)

Oberon
12-22-08, 06:33 AM

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/exitjmouse/GodwinsLaw_CatPoster.jpg

Jimbuna
12-22-08, 08:35 AM

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/exitjmouse/GodwinsLaw_CatPoster.jpg

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/4986/hitlersmileythumbnailiz3.jpg

SUBMAN1
12-22-08, 09:05 AM
:hmm: Isn't this an exercise in futility asking a question to someone whose ignore list you're on?Oh, he can always see threads. Besides, he is usually a good sport about this kind of stuff.

-S

nikimcbee
12-22-08, 09:25 AM
(Comes in thread, sniffs around, marks territory, sees cat and chases it.)

Frame57
12-22-08, 10:23 AM
I reccommend thread closure by virtue of the fact that this thread is a personal attack.

Though I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with SUBMAN1 and August on many issues, I will never the condone the persecution of a person on the basis of whom they choose to acknowledge or ignore. I do not agree, because it seems that it is in good fun. Heck this sort of celebrates the guy. I maybe have agree with SB once or twice on issues. He is intelligent and can voice his opinion eloquently. I guess I am on that list too and Damn proud of it. Thankyou Skybird, I love you man...:cry:

Digital_Trucker
12-22-08, 10:34 AM
Isn't ignoring something you don't like kinda like sticking your head in the sand?:hmm: Makes an awful mess:D

Frame57
12-22-08, 10:39 AM
Yeah I guess it is, but over time I figure everyone here will be on his ignore list and then it will be amusing to see his posts...:D

Rockstar
12-22-08, 10:41 AM
Hmmm could be he hasn't answered is because you all have been put on the list? Either that he's working overtime at the department store to pay off his big screen HDTV.

SUBMAN1
12-22-08, 11:07 AM
Hmmm could be he hasn't answered is because you all have been put on the list? Either that he's working overtime at the department store to pay off his big screen HDTV.He can still see the thread and the first post I believe. :D :p

Big screens start at 48" in my book btw. Anything smaller is a small screen.

-S

Frame57
12-22-08, 11:17 AM
Hmmm could be he hasn't answered is because you all have been put on the list? Either that he's working overtime at the department store to pay off his big screen HDTV.He can still see the thread and the first post I believe. :D :p

Big screens start at 48" in my book btw. Anything smaller is a small screen.

-SHave you ever used an LCD TV for a monitor on a PC? I was wondering if it would work especially using SH-4?

SUBMAN1
12-22-08, 11:31 AM
Have you ever used an LCD TV for a monitor on a PC? I was wondering if it would work especially using SH-4?The only thing LCD's are good for is laptops, including monitors. They don't make a decent TV even in my opinion, unless you like the dithered look. :D CRT used to be the best, but now they have been eclipsed though by Laser TV.

Not even Plasma can stack up against the Laser TV. Here is screenshots of laser vs the best plasma you can buy, the Pioneer Kuro. The reds look real and notice the detail in the background on the building that the plasma is not able to reproduce (I'm way off subject right now!):

http://www.thetechlounge.com/files/articles/585/IronMan_Comparison_Web.jpg

Now check this out - notice the colors are warmer on laser and notice the plasma has some strange aura or glow around the face?

http://www.thetechlounge.com/files/articles/585/Kuro_Disc_Comparison_Web.jpg

-S

Letum
12-22-08, 11:43 AM
Isn't ignoring something you don't like kinda like sticking your head in the sand?:hmm: Makes an awful mess:D
No, not unless that person is important in some way.

If I didn't like my next door neighbor I would ignore him.
If I didn't like Spiders I would ignore them.
If I didn't like a newspaper/columnist I would not read their articles.

But, if I did not like my political representative, government, work boss, community
figure or wife; then ignoring them would be sticking my head in the sand. No one on
this forum falls into that category apart from the moderators when they have their
moderating hats on.

SUBMAN1
12-22-08, 12:19 PM
No, not unless that person is important in some way.

If I didn't like my next door neighbor I would ignore him.
If I didn't like Spiders I would ignore them.
If I didn't like a newspaper/columnist I would not read their articles.

But, if I did not like my political representative, government, work boss, community
figure or wife; then ignoring them would be sticking my head in the sand. No one on
this forum falls into that category apart from the moderators when they have their
moderating hats on.I don't agree with this. It is sticking ones head in the sand. To use an analogy, the spiders may be sleeping with you at night and sucking your blood... :hmm:

The point is, all your examples have the capability to affect your life. The least being the newspaper guy, who is still shaping opinion around you.

On a forum, much much much more so. If you are going to visit, its best you know the whole conversation before opening up with a essay on what has already been said by people on your ignore list... hint... hint...

Blocking people is only good for people that troll your threads. Blocking people who's opinion you don't like, well Skybirds been the first I've seen on that. He only blocked people that proved him wrong by BTW.

But, that is not why I started this thread. I started in in competition and fun. If you get SB off politics, he is not so annoying either. I do wonder if he will reply however.

-S

jumpy
12-22-08, 01:48 PM
Discussing the contents of one's ignore list in an open forum is inviting trouble.

This topic = FAIL
:-?

Jimbuna
12-22-08, 01:50 PM
Hmmm could be he hasn't answered is because you all have been put on the list? Either that he's working overtime at the department store to pay off his big screen HDTV.

Now wouldn't that be something else :lol:

Letum
12-22-08, 02:03 PM
Discussing the contents of one's ignore list in an open forum is inviting trouble.

This topic = FAIL
:-?

Yup, more or less.
Lucky Skybird not having to put up with this kind of thing!

fatty
12-22-08, 02:24 PM

Or could be that he's wise enough to steer well clear of the childish baiting and is enjoying his holiday far away from this forum :up:

baggygreen
12-22-08, 04:58 PM

Or could be that he's wise enough to steer well clear of the childish baiting and is enjoying his holiday far away from this forum :up:hang on.... what?

What is this "away from this forum" of which you speak??:doh:

Rockstar
12-22-08, 05:08 PM
Should start a new topic and we guess what depertment in the store he works in. Might tell us why he isn't here.

I miss Skybird.

NEON DEON
12-22-08, 05:26 PM
No one is on my ingnore list. What fun is that anyways:D

Feel free to try and get me to put you on my ignore list. ;)

Wolfehunter
12-22-08, 05:39 PM
I seem to recall an Indian saying about how people can be defined by who their enemies are. Personally, i like everyone here except those nazis that show up from time to time.I though they only showed up on the Jerry Springer show hehehe.:rotfl:

August
12-22-08, 05:47 PM
I seem to recall an Indian saying about how people can be defined by who their enemies are. Personally, i like everyone here except those nazis that show up from time to time.I though they only showed up on the Jerry Springer show hehehe.:rotfl:

:lol::up:

SUBMAN1
12-22-08, 06:38 PM
No one is on my ingnore list. What fun is that anyways:D

Feel free to try and get me to put you on my ignore list. ;)Well, this just shows that you can handle yourself in the face of adversity.... And with a statement like that, I won't even try! :D

-S

FIREWALL
12-22-08, 07:06 PM
I usally ignore everyone and do what I want. :p :rotfl:

btw The Day The Earth Stood Still ... SUCKED !!! :down:

Hylander_1314
12-22-08, 07:17 PM
Thanks Firewall, you saved me some cash. When is hollywood gonna git their "bleep" together and start making decent films again? Sheese......

FIREWALL
12-22-08, 07:28 PM
Your welcome Hylander :D I should have posted this last week. I went to a private viewing all excited and left dissapointed.

It deffinately wasn't an IRONMAN :p :rotfl:

Hylander_1314
12-22-08, 07:30 PM
So is the original better than the remake? By today's standards the special effects are laughable, but back then at least the story could sometimes save what the film industry lacked in effects.

Wolfehunter
12-22-08, 07:52 PM
Very true Hylander. Which is why I don't like going to the movies anymore. They suck.

All that money and technology = mostly crap from Hollywood.:nope:

Shame.:-?

Etienne
12-22-08, 07:55 PM
Effects have become the film industry's crutch.

Seriously, look at the first batch of Star Wars. The special effects weren't AMAZING, but you looked at, say, the attack on the Death Star and you went "Holy crap, Luke, don't miss that damn hole!"

You watch the prequel and you go "Uh, nice CGI."

But then, the plot might have something to do with it, too.

Take Lord of the Ring. Awesome effects - Because you don't notice them! It's the cave of whatever, or the battle for something (Not a big Tolkien fan, sue me) not a big fricking blue screen.

Hollywood needs to go back to story telling, instead of shooting a movie so it'll look good in the trailers.

Wow, that made no sense at all, and had no redeeming value.

Much like this thread, really.

Is the Dark Knight any good?

Anybody has any experience calibrating a Wii Zapper on a big screen tv? Mine seems to alway aim too low.

Also, Britney Spear's new album isn't so great. I might change my mind after repeat listenings... Ah, who am I kidding?

Hylander_1314
12-22-08, 08:36 PM
Effects have become the film industry's crutch.

Seriously, look at the first batch of Star Wars. The special effects weren't AMAZING, but you looked at, say, the attack on the Death Star and you went "Holy crap, Luke, don't miss that damn hole!"

You watch the prequel and you go "Uh, nice CGI."

But then, the plot might have something to do with it, too.

Take Lord of the Ring. Awesome effects - Because you don't notice them! It's the cave of whatever, or the battle for something (Not a big Tolkien fan, sue me) not a big fricking blue screen.

Hollywood needs to go back to story telling, instead of shooting a movie so it'll look good in the trailers.

Wow, that made no sense at all, and had no redeeming value.

Much like this thread, really.

Is the Dark Knight any good?

Anybody has any experience calibrating a Wii Zapper on a big screen tv? Mine seems to alway aim too low.

Also, Britney Spear's new album isn't so great. I might change my mind after repeat listenings... Ah, who am I kidding?

For all the sense it didn't make. It made sense!

Not a Batman fan.

Haven't had a console since the old old Nintendo 64 days.

Not a Britney fan either. Too busy placin' bets on how much longer the pickled Keith Richards will last!

NEON DEON
12-22-08, 08:47 PM
Looks like everyone has decided to ignore the subject of the post;)

baggygreen
12-22-08, 09:03 PM

The Wii Zapper is probably appearing too low because you're pointing it at a spot below the receiver thingy. I'm guessing you've got it mounted on top of the telly? My mate and I found the best place to put it, when practical, is at the bottom of the screen.

As for the Britney album.... I'm lost for words you bought it.:dead:

Hylander_1314
12-22-08, 09:04 PM
Ok folks, back on topic! What the h**l was it?!

Digital_Trucker
12-22-08, 10:17 PM
Y'all be quiet, I'm trying to ignore something:rotfl:

kiwi_2005
12-22-08, 10:30 PM

-S

How the hell is Skybird gonna answer your question when your most likely No.2 on his list. With August his No1 man :)

August
12-22-08, 10:35 PM

-S
How the hell is Skybird gonna answer your question when your most likely No.2 on his list. With August his No1 man :)

I'm number one!
I'm number one! :rock:

Wolfehunter
12-22-08, 10:39 PM
I'm getting a feeling of pride emanating from August. :hmm:

August
12-23-08, 01:01 AM
I'm getting a feeling of pride emanating from August. :hmm:

It's a small thing, like winning the ring toss at the amusement park, but i'm gonna milk it for all it's worth! :up:

Jimbuna
12-23-08, 05:51 AM
Y'all be quiet, I'm trying to ignore something:rotfl:

LOL :lol:

Skybird
12-23-08, 06:18 AM
Do you know what happens to little kids if they do not behave and play nasty? They get visited by Santa Claus.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3797/boesepj1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

1. I'm still here.

2. Topics like this - or personal and hostile mails like after the SF review - made me cutting it a bit shorter on the internet.

3. I no longer work in a department store - since early summer.

4. My TV arrived yesterday.

5. I do not wish to get mails about a thread like this.

6. A Tsunami is heading my way this afternoon - two cute blondes 4 and 6 years old, plus two adult wave riders - so I leave you alone and wish you all a happy christmas. ;)

kranz
12-23-08, 07:37 AM
you see guys? you throw stones, he throws bread.

Rockstar
12-23-08, 09:56 AM
Truely, we have been humbled by his generous bread throwing and now only seek to find who is worthy to be heard by the Skybird.

http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj477/dhsland/Skybird.jpg

Happy Christmas to you and yours, and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Onkel Neal
12-23-08, 10:00 AM
I wanna see a picture of that TV!

Frame57
12-23-08, 10:19 AM
That is one creeeepy Santa, first its evil clowns and now Santa...I am ruined...:o

kranz
12-23-08, 10:32 AM
actually I also had my nose smashed by his bread but it I've almost forgotten that...

Koondawg
12-23-08, 01:25 PM
After reading all this BS Im sad to say I'm on no-ones "ignore" list...
this bugs me as im about to hit the sack...
"how will the person who added me to this list see what I'm posting" I now can't sleep...thanks a bunch

KD

Jimbuna
12-23-08, 02:10 PM
Good response Skybird http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

All the best for the forthcoming festive period http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/santa.gif

P.S. Can I have your old TV http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/eviljester2.gif

Digital_Trucker
12-23-08, 02:31 PM
6. A Tsunami is heading my way this afternoon - two cute blondes 4 and 6 years old, plus two adult wave riders - so I leave you alone and wish you all a happy christmas. ;)

If you survived the Tsunami, I hope you had a merry one, too, and a happy New Year:up:

Skybird
12-24-08, 02:04 AM
I wanna see a picture of that TV!

:smug:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9969/img0429yn3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

"My God - it's full of stars!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Onkel Neal
12-24-08, 03:19 AM
Awesome! :rock: I have a Samsung, too, great picture. Congrats!

XabbaRus
12-24-08, 03:34 AM
Sky has finally come into TV 21st century....

BTW is that a VCR? OK I can understand about CRT quality being better but the old VHS?

Skybird
12-24-08, 03:40 AM
Awesome! :rock: I have a Samsung, too, great picture. Congrats!

Yes indeed, and many Samsung models are of extremely good cost-effectiveness, even more so if watching out for a good offer. I got mine for 50-65% of the price in shops. It's a 26" LE456 - I am not willing to pay more than 400 € for just a TV. At my usual 2m viewing distance, i see no pixels and no other graphical artifacts - it's a perfectly clean picture. Sound is not too special, but the HiFi equipement is stored in the rack below the TV...

Did not know that this is possible now with LCD. As I was told some time ago in this forum - you just need to make sure to have a digital signal, no analogue one (than it is bad).

Even my old VCR works, although picture quality is not really brilliant, but acceptable after manually fine-tuning the picture settings. With such a huge collection of VHScassettes like I have (much self-recorded precious treasures you can't get on DVD), this was a very great relief for me. :D (You hear me, Xabba? ;) ) Of course, a DVD player is stored in the rack, too.

I was basing on wrong information for too long. I had mistaken digital TV for HDTV. Digital TV can be accessed in Germany since longer, for minor or no additional fees now, but HDTV can take another couple of years, if not 10-15 years, before arriving. I thought digital TV would be a thing of the future as well, and thus hated LCD TVs I saw in the shops, with bad picture quality.

P.S. One question: is HDMI connection an additional visible benefit if there is no HDTV program (TV receiver or Blueray Player) connected and running? So far, both receiver and DVD player both use SCART over here, and VCR connected via RGB (RCA-plugs). The digital receiver the cable company sent, has no HDMI, and they also offer almost no HDTV programs. I saw demonstrations running in shops, HDTV sport programs running on huge screens, I wonder what you see on smaller screens like mine, if it really makes a difference. the TV is HD ready, but is it really a decisive difference on a 26" display? HDMI for non-HDTV signals recommended?

Koondawg
12-24-08, 04:50 AM
before you buy try this place

http://www.cnet.com/

KD

subchaser12
12-24-08, 09:33 AM
I have that exact same monitor! You'll love it. It's a total dream. I had to beg the wife to get it but it was worth it.

Etienne
12-24-08, 06:48 PM
Whatever you do, don't buy any HD cables in a store. Check eBay or something - I saved money in the order of 90%. Seriously, 150$ for a 6' cable?

Can it fricking cook? Kevlar mooring ropes are cheaper! I got 4 for 30$ or so on eBay.

As for the quality, a public affair / consummer info show here did a show on that. Some electronic specialist could see a difference if he used the cable on very precise and expensive measuring equipment... No perceivable difference on the screen. (But then, you know how audiophiles get, so your mileage might vary)

Still having a problem with the Wii Zapper, if anyone can help... My receiver's below the tv, and I moved it up a few inches; that helped. I'll try to move it a big higher when I get a chance, see if that works.