PDA

View Full Version : Audio/Video Cable

SUBMAN1
12-15-08, 10:54 PM
Figured I'd show off my new cable I just bought. I bought about 20 cables from these guys, and you'd never guess how much I paid!

Here is a 12' 5-cable component / audio cable from the box I just got. Probably worth $100+ or more in any store:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4855/cimg0837xe9.jpg

Here is that cable:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10235&cs_id=1023501&p_id=2774&seq=1&format=2

The prices will blow you away, and trust me when I tell you it is as good as any monster cable or whatever you are used to paying a premium for.

-S

Zachstar
12-15-08, 11:08 PM
You may be happy but frankly subman this thread looks like Spam.

SUBMAN1
12-15-08, 11:22 PM
You may be happy but frankly subman this thread looks like Spam.Further proof you don't see straight.

-S

subchaser12
12-15-08, 11:24 PM

You people are never happy, you all used to get upset over his political threads. I think those are really pretty cables Subman! :D

SUBMAN1
12-15-08, 11:26 PM
You people are never happy, you all used to get upset over his political threads. I think those are really pretty cables Subman! :DFriggen awesome for that amount of money. I was in Radio Shack and they wanted 3 conductor component cable - 3' for $40! They are nuts!

I paid less than $100 for all my cable to redo my entire stereo! Including shipping.

-S

subchaser12
12-15-08, 11:27 PM
You people are never happy, you all used to get upset over his political threads. I think those are really pretty cables Subman! :DFriggen awesome for that amount of money. I was in Radio Shack and they wanted 3 conductor component cable - 3' for $40! They are nuts!

I paid less than $100 for all my cable to redo my entire stereo! Including shipping.

-S

I still can't believe Radio Shack is still in business, how the hell do they do it?

SUBMAN1
12-15-08, 11:33 PM

-S
I still can't believe Radio Shack is still in business, how the hell do they do it?They sell cables for 1000% markup. It's all profit!

-S

Zachstar
12-15-08, 11:37 PM
You may be happy but frankly subman this thread looks like Spam.Further proof you don't see straight.

-S

Ah more libel from Subman.

SUBMAN1
12-15-08, 11:47 PM

-S
Ah more libel from Subman.Do you Troll in every forum you visit?

-S

Wolfehunter
12-16-08, 12:32 AM
I agree with your about radioshack. They do overprice their components. I think they gear themselves to the hard core fan groups that don't like to change. I use to build my own speakers system and bought many components from them. Now I'm too lazy to do it. :smug:

Aramike
12-16-08, 12:54 AM
I agree with your about radioshack. They do overprice their components. I think they gear themselves to the hard core fan groups that don't like to change. I use to build my own speakers system and bought many components from them. Now I'm too lazy to do it. :smug:Worse then that, last time I was shopping there I noticed that the VGA cable I was looking for was about $40 more than it should have been (apparantly because it had gold tips which help prevent corrosion, as if my computer is on a submarine). I asked the associate for the cheaper version, and he said that he could order it for me but that they didn't carry it in store.

I assume the strategy here is to get people like me to just buy the damned expensive cable because I want it now. Instead, I went to OfficeMax and found it for $40 less. :rock:

I won't be sad to see them go out of business.

Hylander_1314
12-16-08, 04:01 AM
That is a nice cable set. Looks quite sturdy too.

Frame57
12-16-08, 08:08 AM
What's the deal with HDMI cables. I bought two that were bad right out of the box...:nope:

VipertheSniper
12-16-08, 08:43 AM
Yeah the cable prizes you get in stores are insane... 1 meter HDMI cable I think 89€ last time I've looked at them in a shop... we needed something to connect a sat-reciever to a beamer mounted to the ceiling. I think we got the 15 or 20 meter cable we needed for that for 100€ over the net.

SUBMAN1
12-16-08, 08:52 AM
Yeah the cable prizes you get in stores are insane... 1 meter HDMI cable I think 89€ last time I've looked at them in a shop... we needed something to connect a sat-reciever to a beamer mounted to the ceiling. I think we got the 15 or 20 meter cable we needed for that for 100€ over the net.50' (somewhere between 15 and 20 meters) would from you 20 lbs here.

-S

Morts
12-16-08, 08:57 AM
for once he isnt posting political BS
couldnt you just leave it alone ?

VipertheSniper
12-16-08, 09:03 AM
Yeah the cable prizes you get in stores are insane... 1 meter HDMI cable I think 89€ last time I've looked at them in a shop... we needed something to connect a sat-reciever to a beamer mounted to the ceiling. I think we got the 15 or 20 meter cable we needed for that for 100€ over the net.50' (somewhere between 15 and 20 meters) would from you 20 lbs here.

-S

Eh what? sorry I don't know, but could it be you made a typo and omitted some words? Because I can't make any sense of what you've written. :roll:

bookworm_020
12-16-08, 04:55 PM
Yeah the cable prizes you get in stores are insane... 1 meter HDMI cable I think 89€ last time I've looked at them in a shop... we needed something to connect a sat-reciever to a beamer mounted to the ceiling. I think we got the 15 or 20 meter cable we needed for that for 100€ over the net.

Some of the prices they ask for HDMI cables is scary! My dad bought a new LCD tv and DVD recorder and the salesperson tried to sell him a HDMI cable (1 to 1.5 meters) worth over $150!:o. He didn't buy it as he thought it was a rip off. if you need some good HDMI cables this is a good place that I've heard of and has got some good feedback for some electronic geeks that I know.

http://www.ezyhd.com.au/