PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Connecticut Nazis

Subnuts
12-10-08, 09:59 PM
Over the past few months I've started seeing advertisements for white supremacist groups stapled to telephone poles all over my neighborhood. Typical Aryan Nation/ "Christian Identity"/Gods Chosen People/Skinhead bull****. Being an elitist liberal New Englander (:smug:) I'm awfully confused about the racist sentiment that seems to have sprung up around here recently. Yeah, I know about freedom of speech and all, but I'm awfully tempted to just start ripping down the signs and trashing them. A couple of years ago, there was a couple at the Mansfield flea market selling Nazi memorabilia who had their booth adorned with Nazi flags, and everyone simply avoided them like they were lepers.

On a related note, why do so many white supremacists consider themselves Christians? As if a Nazi would accept a Middle Eastern Jew who loved and forgave everyone as their Lord and Savior. :roll:

Stealth Hunter
12-10-08, 10:10 PM
I'm awfully confused about the racist sentiment that seems to have sprung up around here recently. Yeah, I know about freedom of speech and all, but I'm awfully tempted to just start ripping down the signs and trashing them.

Go for it. These people should have no right to spread their hate speech and filth.

A couple of years ago, there was a couple at the Mansfield flea market selling Nazi memorabilia who had their booth adorned with Nazi flags, and everyone simply avoided them like they were lepers.

If they come back, steal the artifacts, sell them on eBay or to a museum, donate the proceeds to a Jewish foundation.:lol:

August
12-10-08, 10:22 PM
Over the past few months I've started seeing advertisements for white supremacist groups stapled to telephone poles all over my neighborhood. Typical Aryan Nation/ "Christian Identity"/Gods Chosen People/Skinhead bull****. Being an elitist liberal New Englander (:smug:) I'm awfully confused about the racist sentiment that seems to have sprung up around here recently. Yeah, I know about freedom of speech and all, but I'm awfully tempted to just start ripping down the signs and trashing them. A couple of years ago, there was a couple at the Mansfield flea market selling Nazi memorabilia who had their booth adorned with Nazi flags, and everyone simply avoided them like they were lepers.

On a related note, why do so many white supremacists consider themselves Christians? As if a Nazi would accept a Middle Eastern Jew who loved and forgave everyone as their Lord and Savior. :roll:

Well this pluralist conservative New Englander completely agrees with you. I say we should go after all nazis like Patton in a bad mood.

FIREWALL
12-10-08, 10:38 PM
While I totally agree with you.

I'd be carefull you don't get caught by them.

Don't think for a instant that they won't beat the liveing daylights or worse out of you.

richardphat
12-10-08, 10:41 PM
Wow this kind of mentality is more important than i have ever estimated!

subchaser12
12-10-08, 10:46 PM
We are seeing a big surge in America amongst white sumprmacy groups because of Obama winning the election. The racist stuff went thru the roof as soon as Obama won.

SandyCaesar
12-10-08, 10:49 PM
This moderate Californian says :up: to you guys. The skinhead groups were probably riled up by the election, and decided that for some reason more people would support their racist philosophies.

On a related note, why do so many white supremacists consider themselves Christians? As if a Nazi would accept a Middle Eastern Jew who loved and forgave everyone as their Lord and Savior.

Good point that applies to just about every religion out there.

Captain Vlad
12-10-08, 10:53 PM
Go for it. These people should have no right to spread their hate speech and filth.

Now now, first amendment and all that. They have the right to espouse any viewpoint they want.

Just like I have the right to point, laugh, and mock them.

August
12-10-08, 10:56 PM
We are seeing a big surge in America amongst white sumprmacy groups because of Obama winning the election. The racist stuff went thru the roof as soon as Obama won.

Imagine right wing people being racist, I know it's hard to believe. :p

You're saying that left wing people aren't racist? I don't think you know what you're talking about, just flame baiting your way to a second banning.

August
12-10-08, 10:58 PM

They hate Catholics just as much as they do Jews.

subchaser12
12-10-08, 11:02 PM
[quote=subchaser12]

You're saying that left wing people aren't racist?

That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't think Obama got many campaign contributions from the KKK or American neo nazis.

I am not saying all right wingers are racists. These racists however are right wingers.

subchaser12
12-10-08, 11:05 PM
On a related note, why do so many white supremacists consider themselves Christians?

They are Christians, they don't "consider" themselves Christians. Granted they might be that gay cousin in the family no one wants to talk about, but they are in the Christian camp.

August
12-10-08, 11:10 PM
You're saying that left wing people aren't racist?
That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't think Obama got many campaign contributions from the KKK or American neo nazis.

I am not saying all right wingers are racists. These racists however are right wingers.

Oh really? How many Black Panthers voted for Obama? How much campaign money did Obama get from black groups?

August
12-10-08, 11:12 PM
On a related note, why do so many white supremacists consider themselves Christians?
They are Christians, they don't "consider" themselves Christians. Granted they might be that gay cousin in the family no one wants to talk about, but they are in the Christian camp.

Boy you are just filled with it today. Let me clue you in on something. A person that doesn't consider themselves to be a Christian is NOT a Christian. :roll:

Christianity is not related to race...

subchaser12
12-10-08, 11:14 PM
[quote=subchaser12]
Oh really? How many Black Panthers voted for Obama? How much campaign money did Obama get from black groups?

Haha, are you for real man? I wouldn't know where to start. Suffice it to say ALL of them. Oprah and her myriad of groups. Jesse Jackson and his outfits. Sharpton, Farakan. Those are just off the top of my head.

In all fairness the KKK and neo nazis surely did not give McCain any money, they are all broke people with no money.

subchaser12
12-10-08, 11:16 PM

Boy you are just filled with it today. Let me clue you in on something. A person that doesn't consider themselves to be a Christian is NOT a Christian. :roll:

Why thank you August, I would be so lost without you. Now why don't you go read the last part of the OPs post so you know what I was responding about. It will make more sense. Then come attack me.

August
12-10-08, 11:19 PM
Haha, are you for real man? I wouldn't know where to start. Suffice it to say ALL of them. Oprah and her myriad of groups. Jesse Jackson and his outfits. Sharpton, Farakan. Those are just off the top of my head.

In all fairness the KKK and neo nazis surely did not give McCain any money, they are all broke people with no money.
So in other words your post was nothing but flame bating is that right flamingboat?

August
12-10-08, 11:21 PM

Why thank you August, I would be so lost without you. Now why don't you go read the last part of the OPs post so you know what I was responding about. It will make more sense. Then come attack me.

I know what you were responding to. I responded to it myself and you still are talking nonsense, and that's not an attack, just the simple truth.

subchaser12
12-10-08, 11:22 PM

So in other words your post was nothing but flame bating is that right flamingboat?

Saying something you don't like, isn't flamebait. I merely pointed out that Obamas win has thrown some gas on the racist fire.

Just because you are losing your arguement doesn't mean you can throw it in reverse and accuse me of "flaming" you.

August
12-10-08, 11:26 PM
Saying something you don't like, isn't flamebait. I merely pointed out that Obamas win has thrown some gas on the racist fire.

No, that's not what you pointed out. You said that all racists are right wing. Now as I pointed out that is just not true. Why try to weasel out of it?

subchaser12
12-10-08, 11:28 PM

No, that's not what you pointed out. You said that all racists are right wing. Now as I pointed out that is just not true. Why try to weasel out of it?

Ok let me restate that, all white racist groups in America are right wing. White racists groups are the subject of this topic. Now I'm talking about the standard documented groups such as the KKK, neo nazis and established white supremacy groups. I don't consider militias or seperatist groups (ala Ruby Ridge) racist automatically unless they say otherwise.

August
12-10-08, 11:54 PM
Ok let me restate that, all white racist groups in America are right wing. White racists groups are the subject of this topic. Now I'm talking about the standard documented groups such as the KKK, neo nazis and established white supremacy groups. I don't consider militias or seperatist groups (ala Ruby Ridge) racist automatically unless they say otherwise.

Your problem is that you are always way too encompassing in your pronouncements and that's what gets you into trouble. Saying that white racist groups are right wing is like saying Democrats are Stalinists. You're attempting to define the majority with the fringe minority. But even fringe is misleading when describing people like nazis, kkk or black panthers because it incorrectly implies a connection to the majority.

Y'see son, racist groups like them are not right or left wing. They are "hate wing" because simple hate of things different is what drives them, not some complicated and multi-planked political platform of national issues. They are just as quick to express that hatred against their own race as they are another.

Hylander_1314
12-10-08, 11:55 PM
My great grand uncle spent 3 1/2 years in the Army, and participated in 4 major amphibious landings that ultimately resulted in the defeat of the Nazis. Since he was 1st generation born in America, he would have been treated as a traitor, and shot or hung had he been captured. And these racist morons want to celebrate and promote these ideologies.:nope:

Subnuts, as a Constitutionalist at heart personally, we may disagree on issues, but you go right ahead and rip this **censored** down. But do be careful, as I know how ruthlessly bullying these idiots can be. I had to personally deal with 5 of them when they started to harrass my son and his black friend. They didn't for some reason want to tangle with me and my pal, my Jackie Robinson Louisville Slugger. They started cryin' about it bein' unfair, when I said, well boys, 5 against 2 sounds pretty fair to me............ They ended up runnin away with wet crotches on their trousers.

Never had another problem either.

subchaser12
12-11-08, 12:16 AM
Y'see son,

Look at this little condescending insult. I will get in trouble if I proceed to rip you apart limb from limb verbally. My hands are tied unfortunately.

August
12-11-08, 12:23 AM
Y'see son,
Look at this little condescending insult. I will get in trouble if I proceed to rip you apart limb from limb verbally. My hands are tied unfortunately.

Well I turned 49 about a half an hour ago and i'm feeling my age so if you aren't at least 20 years younger than me i'll take it back.

Either way get past it and read the rest of the post.

subchaser12
12-11-08, 12:28 AM
Well I turned 49 about a half an hour ago and i'm feeling my age so if you aren't at least 20 years younger than me i'll take it back.

Happy Birthday. I'll be nice to you today! Sadly you do have to take it back, barely. Damn I'm depressed now.

August
12-11-08, 12:38 AM

Happy Birthday. I'll be nice to you today! Sadly you do have to take it back, barely. Damn I'm depressed now.
Well then i do take it back. Again read the rest of the post.

OneToughHerring
12-11-08, 12:46 AM
It's almost like some nazis are needed in order to remind us how wrong that ideology is. It's a bit like the anthrax, plague, etc. that's stored up in the freezers of the disease departments of the government. Some is needed to make antidotes against it.

Skybird
12-11-08, 02:14 AM

Nazism and Christianity have as much to do with each other as Hitler and Jesus. You can'T follow both men'S teachings at the same time, you cannot preach racist supremacy and love for thy next like you love yourself at the same time. Thus, you cannot be a Christian Nazi or a Nazi Christian - that is a contradiction in itself.

Being a church member and being Nazi at the same time - that of course can be something different.

Now now, first amendment and all that. They have the right to espouse any viewpoint they want.

Just like I have the right to point, laugh, and mock them.

Do Western constitutions allow to propagate their own destruction? If so, a major pillar of justification why to defend the state and it'S laws against threats, has fallen. I never believed in unlimited freedom, and I never believed in freedom as a general right. It is an ability that must be learned and trained. Limits to the freedom of speech are set by ethical considerations which - admitted - can be hard to define and agreed on, but the communal defense against self-destruction certainly is one such limit, as is the general principle that your freedom generally has to agree to not boost itself beyond the level where it starts to limit the freedom of others and claims more rights for itself than for the other's freedom - which in principle is nothing else but Kant's categorial imperative.

Also, the state's monopole on violence enters the discussion here.

( On behalf of the german constitution i can point poiut that it sets limits to what is allowed. You are not allowed to call for the destruction of the constitutional order, and every german is given the right to resist and oppose such attempts even with force and violence, if needed. )

So, while in general I agree on free speech, nevertheless the freedom of speech can be abused - and I do not see why this has to be tolerated as well. Unlimited freedoms lead to the ultimate absence of any rules at all. In such a situation, only one rules: the strongest. And that is what we call anarchy. The law of the strongest, and right of free speech, are two totally different things.

Allowing limits to free speech, has it's own risks. But accepting no limits to it, also has it's risk. Recent trends in Europe's cultural self-disbanding and denial of historic identity makes me preferring the first risk over the latter.

subchaser12
12-11-08, 03:14 AM
Thus, you cannot be a Christian Nazi or a Nazi Christian - that is a contradiction in itself.

Contradiction and religion go hand in hand. Contradiction is unavoidable when you start talking about invisible wizards in the sky that made the earth in 6 days or whatever. I understand where you are comming from but I don't agree. Technically you are correct; however this would be like telling a normal law abiding family they aren't Christians because they rolled up to church in their 60,000$ SUV. How about the pope sitting on his empire of gold built on the blood and sweat of his followers?

I know the neo nazis aren't the standard bearer of the Christian religion but they are on the member roster like it or not.

subchaser12
12-11-08, 03:19 AM
Do Western constitutions allow to propagate their own destruction? If so, a major pillar of justification why to defend the state and it'S laws against threats, has fallen. I never believed in unlimited freedom, and I never believed in freedom as a general right.

Just as a frame of reference the American version of the neo nazi and white supremacist movements are powerless. It's not like in Europe where the neo nazis are scary. Here they are just poor white trash who own nothing but white skin. They are just disgruntled people who live in trailer parks who can only say "hey at least I ain't black!"

We have laws that allow you to say what you want but actions are illegal. When KKK members get arrested it isn't for their speech, it's for the kid they beat up at the mall or whatever.

Kapitan_Phillips
12-11-08, 04:07 AM
*pulls up a chair and narrows eyes at everyone*

Skybird
12-11-08, 04:08 AM
Thus, you cannot be a Christian Nazi or a Nazi Christian - that is a contradiction in itself.

Contradiction and religion go hand in hand. Contradiction is unavoidable when you start talking about invisible wizards in the sky that made the earth in 6 days or whatever. I understand where you are comming from but I don't agree. Technically you are correct; however this would be like telling a normal law abiding family they aren't Christians because they rolled up to church in their 60,000$ SUV. How about the pope sitting on his empire of gold built on the blood and sweat of his followers?

I know the neo nazis aren't the standard bearer of the Christian religion but they are on the member roster like it or not.

As I said, "church" and "Christian" are two different things. The church claims to be Christian, but is not in the meaning of the word, while Jesus very likely would not like a bit in what he would have to see in the church. As a matter of fact he was a threat to the estaiblished elite of theologists of his time, and those making a business of religion, both salesmen and pharisees.

And whom you are telling about the inner contradiction of religion here - hey, it's me - Skybird! :lol: ;)

Skybird
12-11-08, 04:10 AM

Remember your new sig. IDIC, man, IDIC! :lol:

Kapitan_Phillips
12-11-08, 04:28 AM
Remember your new sig. IDIC, man, IDIC! :lol:

:lol:

Biggles
12-11-08, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I know about freedom of speech and all, but I'm awfully tempted to just start ripping down the signs and trashing them.

Although they have all the right to put them up (?), surely you have all the right to take them down.....right?

OneToughHerring
12-11-08, 12:40 PM
At least in USA the reason neo-nazis start churches is because churches are protected by a certain type of legislation, correct me if I'm wrong, and therefore they are able to function as a religion instead of just as a hate organisation. Also, Christian Identity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity) is a kind of religious background for a lot of US neo-nazis.

August
12-11-08, 03:07 PM
...churches are protected by a certain type of legislation...

Churches don't pay taxes is probably what you are thinking of.

bookworm_020
12-11-08, 04:40 PM
When I saw th title for this thread I thought of theline out of the Blues Brothers movie about Nazis! IF only you could do what they did in the movies in real life!:-?

Thomen
12-11-08, 04:55 PM
I don't get American nazis, I mean, Germans had all the cheesy nordic descent legend to go by, but what with US nazis, they're likely to have family members who fought during WWII :doh: Kind of like Polish nazis, always makes me think "wtf?" when I hear/read about some, really the cream of the freaks.
Well.. Nazis aren't the smartest ones, seriously... i knew a Turk in Germany who was running around with the Neo Nazi crowds yelling: "Auslaender Raus!" (Foreigners Out, or Foreigner Go Home)

Edit: What pisses me off, is when I see those loonie wannabee Nazi's here in the States that they think it is cool to run around with a German flag. Mind you, not just the swastika one, but I mean the current, Black, Red and Gold one.

Letum
12-11-08, 04:57 PM
Pfft! Racial supremacy in the world's biggest genetic melting pot.
I doubt many American's can trace all their family roots back to Europe, let alone to
the South Asian Ayrians.

subchaser12
12-11-08, 05:00 PM
I doubt many American's can trace all their family roots back to Europe, let alone to
the South Asian Ayrians.

I'm 25% American Indian so I wouldn't count as a "pure" breed. Of course if I went to a Klan rally no one would notice anything unusual.

Letum
12-11-08, 05:08 PM
the South Asian Ayrians.
I'm 25% American Indian so I wouldn't count as a "pure" breed. Of course if I went to a Klan rally no one would notice anything unusual.

:hmm: If anyone is the superior race, it is us mongrels! For the same reason mongrel dogs
live longer than many pure breeds.

Still, I think the Welsh go a little too far in their attempts at diversifying the gene pool...

bookworm_020
12-11-08, 06:42 PM
I don't get American nazis, I mean, Germans had all the cheesy nordic descent legend to go by, but what with US nazis, they're likely to have family members who fought during WWII :doh: Kind of like Polish nazis, always makes me think "wtf?" when I hear/read about some, really the cream of the freaks.

Well there was the case of the neo-nazis that were found in Israel!:huh: Now that can do your head in!:doh:

OneToughHerring
12-12-08, 12:45 AM
...churches are protected by a certain type of legislation...
Churches don't pay taxes is probably what you are thinking of.

Well I'm sure they don't mind that. Might be a good way to launder money etc. I remember there being something else too, like that when they are recognizing a kind of religion and are members of a church instead of just being nazis they will be treated differently in the court where they might easily end up, eventually. I'll have to read up on this when I find the time and the material, I'm sort of interested in this stuff.

Not sure what the situation is with European neo-nazis, they very much do exist, I've witnessed some wanna-be skinhead thugs up close and person. :stare:

Skybird
12-12-08, 07:48 AM
Well.. Nazis aren't the smartest ones, seriously... i knew a Turk in Germany who was running around with the Neo Nazi crowds yelling: "Auslaender Raus!" (Foreigners Out, or Foreigner Go Home)

Edit: What pisses me off, is when I see those loonie wannabee Nazi's here in the States that they think it is cool to run around with a German flag. Mind you, not just the swastika one, but I mean the current, Black, Red and Gold one.

the place of town where I live is dominated by small multi- and single-family-houses, but some hundred meters away there is a maybe 15 floor-high building, the only one around. Some years ago there was a guy living at the very top floor, hanging out flags of the US and Texas, and paroles about rodeo, and blinking lights and signs and posters like "I love (heart-sign) the South" and "Better US than you", and more such brainstressing input.

especially bad it was at christmas, with all that blinking stuff. We are happy not to have ended up with a supertanker stranded in our gardens.

Once I passed that house entry on bike, going home, when the guy I suspect to have lived up there, stood at the traffic light where I halted, and he talked to people, in English, maybe Brits since we have many British (soldier) families living here. He was ranting about Bush and how bad life in Texas were and that those silly cowboys don'T know nothing about anything, and that the Texas steaks were made of rubber and he disliked them a lot. Etc. etc. etc. He spoke rudimentary school English with some of the worst crystal-hard German accents I have ever heared.

He wore blue trousers, a huge white cowboy hat like you see in movies when the Texas ranger or highway patrol enters the scene, and a skirt reflecting the blue-white-red colour pattern of the stars and stripes.

As an ex-psychologist I immediately thought of a heavy case of schizophrenia. :lol:

Two years ago, that building went into flames, partially. The fire must have errupted at the very top, and then going down one or two floors. It was no too serous an afair, but obviously a huge fire nevertheless, devastating at least the top floor. From the outside, the top one and a half floors where massively blacked by smoke, even meters away from the windows.

Take this story as an example of cultural nearness-distance-conflict. :lol: