PDA

View Full Version : A tip for manual plotting

spugnoid
12-04-08, 12:31 AM
Some (or most/all) of you may already know this but I just came across it recently in a boardgame I just received. If you write on a laminated surface (plotting board etc) with an Ultra Fine Point Sharpie you can easily and quickly erase it by writing over it with a dry-erase marker then wiping the dry-erase marks away--taking the Sharpie marks with it! Or, you can simply erase the Sharpie marks with a plastic/vinyl eraser. These are the white erasers, not the pink ones, they may also be referred to as tech erasers? Anyways, the result is the same.

Water-soluble overhead pens tend to pool and take time to dry in my experience, and dry-erase wipes off too easily. The Sharpie method works really slick. Now I can make clean, fine lines and remove them when I'm done.

Hope you find this tip useful.

spugnoid

SteamWake
12-04-08, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the tip.

There are also markers designed for use on dry erase boards which dry quickly yet can be erased with a moist cloth.

Be careful when using 'sharpies' espically colored ones as they can sometimes leave residue. A good example is green, believe it or not if you leave it for a little while then erase it it will leave red residue behind. :up:

So as usualy you may want to 'test' on a small corner first.