PDA

View Full Version : SH2 fog help

U-boat luver
12-01-08, 09:17 PM
Hi I'm new here and I recently installed SH2 on my computer (XP). It's great but when I turn the fog option on in the Graphics section all of the ships are almost invisible ingame. The ships just sorta look like white blocks on the water. When I switch to the external view and view my sub all I see is a white silhouette of my sub.:nope:

Any help here? Tell me if I'm not being detailed enough

lafeeverted
12-01-08, 10:07 PM
it has been a long time since I played a mission with fog but I seem to remember it not being handled all that well in SH2. It is possible that some of the patches or mods were able to improve it but i am not certain.

U-boat luver
12-01-08, 10:26 PM
even missions without fog it shows up like that. I can create a mission and set the weather to Clear and the ships still show up like that. Maybe it's a glitch or my graphics card.

lafeeverted
12-02-08, 08:30 AM
it does sound like a glitch/graphic card error. is it in every mission? You are running XP, it is possible that a newer videocard driver is causing the problem, what type of card do you have? Hope you get it sorted out.

U-boat luver
12-02-08, 05:19 PM
actually I fixed it:yep: I turned off all other fog options and only kept Fog turned on if that makes any sense. The game looks great now:up:

lafeeverted
12-02-08, 05:24 PM
Great!