PDA

View Full Version : Ive never died so fast before....

Piggy
12-01-08, 12:55 PM
So I was making my way out of a convoy at PD after sinking 3 nice big ones, one of which was a large tanker...:D

Normally I just go deep but this time I though I would try and stay at PD as there was a straggler (a tanker) not far behind the convoy...

Making my way out the back of the convoy the rear Black Swan was about 800yards off my starboard side. I though I had got past him but then he started pinging me (at this point I should have gone deep...:damn: ) he makes a hard turn towards me, launched two of the side DC's. I was watching from external camera ( I know its cheating, but I love watching the DC's falling around me) I knew it was going to be close, so I tried to order flank and 80m depth... but before I could do this the DC's exploded at the surface.... Im pretty sure only one landed "on me"...

Game over... I didnt even have time to see what was damaged but Im assuming it blew the conning tower away and flooded the control room, or did I die in the explosion? I'll never know...

That was only my second patrol in the U-68, IX-C...

My fault, lesson learned.

But damn, that was pretty good aiming buddy, impressive! :ping:

meduza
12-01-08, 01:10 PM
Sorry to hear that, mate.

I guess it's hard to miss you at PD. :D Better luck next time...

Brag
12-01-08, 06:47 PM
Well, peoof that you should mot take unnecessary risks. Honor to your dead.

subdude
12-02-08, 05:10 AM
piggy,

sorry for your loss, but at least you downed some steel. on one of my first missions i made an attempt on a battleship but failed. they sterted to give chase, i crash dived but forgot to check the depth:doh: . so i rammed my sub straight into the botom of the sea where we were all eaten by crabs.
i won't make that mistake again.

good hunting

subdude

Jimbuna
12-02-08, 06:46 AM
Much beeter than it was in RL

At least you get a second chance :lol:

Pisces
12-02-08, 06:49 AM
Maybe he rammed your conningtower. There is only a couple of meters between the top of the tower and the water surface when at periscope depth.