PDA

View Full Version : Any way to remove medals from my Kaleun?

Annatar
11-29-08, 09:53 AM
I was recently awarded the German Cross in Gold. A great honour except it's currently 1940 and the medal won't be instituted for another 18 months... ;)
If possible I'd like to at least delete it so that I can win it again later.
Is there perhaps some file that controls the avilability dates for medals that can be tweaked?

Jimbuna
11-29-08, 10:01 AM
Simplest way is to take it from him using SH3 Commander.

Annatar
11-29-08, 10:11 AM
Using the auto-fix command?
I've been wary to try it before, since I wasn;t exactly sure what effect it would have.

Jimbuna
11-29-08, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure what you mean here :hmm:

If your playing GWX you can use the no medals mod it comes with.

If your playing stock, simply use the SH3 Commander utility or don't award the medal at the end of your patrol.

Annatar
11-29-08, 10:25 AM
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. The medal wasn't given for the crew, it was for the captain - me.
I can't remove it with SH3Commander because your character doesn't seem to appear in the crew management alongside his subordinates.

Murr44
11-29-08, 10:41 AM
I asked a similar question several months ago & was told by someone, I can't remember exactly who now:damn: , that they were going to work on an historical medal availabilty mod when they had some free time to do it. This mod was going correct the medal dates & the order in which they were awarded, ie. sometimes the game will award you a German Cross before you have earned an Iron Cross first class. Real life commitments must have intervened because I haven't seen anything further.

BTW: I believe that the auto-fix button at the bottom of the Crew Management screen in SH3 Cmdr will implement changes like releasing officers to command their own boats. I avoid using it as I like to hang on to experienced officers as long as possible.

andym
11-29-08, 01:24 PM
Get him to attack a cruiser on the surface,that will remove them.:up: