PDA

View Full Version : Can't install 688(I) on my laptop

Victor Camargo
11-23-08, 10:35 AM
Hi guys,

I've got the original CD of 688(I). It used to run well on my old desktop, but every time I try to install it on my laptop, after choosing the folder in drive C: (the only one I have) the set up wizard gives me the following message:

"The device that you wish to install onto may be unsuitable for this program because it's a network drive or contains removable media"

My previous desktop runned under Win XP, and was also logged into my home network, and even thou 688(I) runned well on it. My laptop is a Toshiba Satelitte running under widows XP.

Does anyone can figure out how to fix it? :damn:

Thanx in advance

Blacklight
11-23-08, 08:29 PM
Have you tried installing it in the default folder ? Also, does it give you a choice wether to intall the sim into the drive despite the warning ?

Victor Camargo
11-24-08, 05:54 PM
Yep, tried both ways: default folder and any other folder. The setup wizard first asks me to choose a path and a drive. As I only have drive C: on my laptop, I choose C:, and when I click "next" the wizard gives me the error message. I can continue installing, but then, after a few minutes copying files, I get a new message: "error copying files". This only happens on my laptop, I guess my CD is ok (no scratches on it), maybe it may have something to do with my drive C...