PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone played the Matrix - Carriers At War computer game?

CaptianT
11-21-08, 12:33 PM
I am having a difficult time deciding whether to purchase this game. Would this be a game you would recommend? If so, why or why not?

Are there any other similar type games that you could recommend? (Preferably something that is not really difficult or complex.)

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that you could give me.

Best regards.

Janus
11-22-08, 07:27 AM
For my taste the game is lacking long time motivation in form of a (dynamic) campgaign lasting several months or years in game time. The included scenarios usually have a timeframe of 2 to 6 days or so. There are many variations of the included historical scenarios but this is not enough in my opinion.
I had the game installed for about a week, then I had played most of the historical scenarios and got bored...

I don't know if this is what you wanted to hear, but it is just my opinion after all. I haven't had the opportunity to play Carriers at War in multiplayer but it might be fun.
Apart from the lacking campaign it is a good game.

CaptianT
11-22-08, 02:54 PM
Thanks Janus for your reply. Once the specific battles are played, does this game have options to randomize the exact number, composition and location of the various task forces before starting a new game (to keep the player from knowing what to expect)?

Hellcat
11-23-08, 02:45 PM
I for one really, really like the game.. but it didn't keep my attention for long. The mp if you can find an opponent is awesome.

Janus
11-23-08, 03:05 PM
Thanks Janus for your reply. Once the specific battles are played, does this game have options to randomize the exact number, composition and location of the various task forces before starting a new game (to keep the player from knowing what to expect)?
You cannot directly set any parameters for the scenarios. However there are several so called "mysterious" variants of each historical scenario which have a different force layout and setup for each side I guess.