PDA

View Full Version : New Vietnam flick... from Uwe Boll..

Dowly
11-21-08, 08:01 AM
Uh oh... this might be a trainwreck! :-?

Then again, while the IMDB rating is very low (3.7/10), the user review is pretty good. Might need to check this out!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970462/ (scroll down to read the user review)

longam
11-21-08, 08:57 AM
Is this the trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmEuGECjMls

August
11-21-08, 11:45 AM
My team sergeant in Group, SFC John Bain, was a former 1st ID tunnel rat in Vietnam. They always picked the little guys for that job and Johnny was about 5ft nothing tall so he was a natural choice.

Well one night after getting him drunk enough he told us about an incident he had in one of the VC tunnels . He was crawling along with his .45 in one hand and a flashlight in the other when he came to a branch tunnel. He shined the flashlight down it and saw three human faces staring back. You don't have time to think in those situations so he immediately dropped the flashlight, which went out, and emptied his pistol into them.

Well apparently the VC would often store their dead in the tunnels and they had been deceased for some time. His bullets caused the swollen bodies to burst splattering foul liquid all over the tunnel and over him. He said the stench was indescribable.

He said that laying there in total darkness enveloped in that horrible smell, and unable to get the flashlight working again, he came very close to going insane.

John passed away of lung cancer almost a year ago now. He was one of the best soldiers I have ever met and i wonder if this movie will, or could, do him justice.

OneToughHerring
11-21-08, 01:26 PM
August,

appropriately unpleasant story.

As for the movie, looks a bit b-movie'ish. Haven't seen any Boll-movies but I hear they are very b-movie. Although sometimes especially US b-movies manage to tell the types of truths about difficult things such as wars that the big, 'a-movies' aren't allowed to talk about. Not sure if Uwe Boll has any inclinations to use his movies to tell such truths.

RickC Sniper
11-21-08, 03:15 PM
i wonder if this movie will, or could, do him justice.

Since Ewe Boll made it I wouldn't get my hopes up.