PDA

View Full Version : Event Cam Do you use it?

Scape
11-19-08, 03:42 PM
3% of prestige may not be much and some of the greatest effects can only be seen if this option is switched on. However, a lot of times it will not render I find asmost times I take my shot and dive deep and turn before impact so I have plenty of space between myself and the DE/DD's/ In so doing I miss out on the eye popping eye candy that the event cam would normally show. I know it is cheating in a way and I still like seeing it but since I am so deep anyway and only get to see depth charges being dropped now (yawn) I am considering turning it off for the next patrol as I hear it also slows down game performance.

Thoughts?

meduza
11-19-08, 04:12 PM
I have the event cam disabled. It popping up was very annoying. But I have external cam enabled, for eyecandy only. And for screenshots. :D

Brag
11-19-08, 04:16 PM
Event disabled, outside cam enabled, which I seldom use.

Weiss Pinguin
11-19-08, 04:20 PM
The event cam always annoyed me with the way it just popped up, so I turned it off. It's not as if I can't do the same thing with external cam...

She-Wolf
11-19-08, 05:08 PM
me too - event cam off but outside still active - very convenient at times!

bookworm_020
11-19-08, 06:58 PM
Same here - event cam off, outside cam on. Better for screen shots!

Sailor Steve
11-19-08, 07:11 PM
I never use the event cam. External is good, but I only use it for harbor tours. When doing a real patrol it goes off too.

Task Force
11-19-08, 08:05 PM
Event cam= off, it just gets annoying.

External cam= on, cant enjoy skin/enviorment mods without it.:yep:

TarJak
11-19-08, 09:29 PM
Event cam is one of the first things I disable. I like to take screenshots and check out the eye candy so external cam is on.

Kapt Z
11-19-08, 09:36 PM
no event cam

no external cam.

It get's pretty claustrophobic, though!

I may go back to external cam just for the eye candy.

geosub1978
11-19-08, 11:43 PM
For experienced users, disabling both cameras, makes the game 10times better. More selfdepented, clistophobic and realistik!:up:

The only good reason for ext. camera is to identify fishing vessels when passing near coast and not to run to identify them, chasing nothing, something that you should be able to do through hydrophones.
(http://files.filefront.com/14b+Assisted+Plotting+Modzip/;10909506;/fileinfo.html)
The best way for me to play the game is at 100%, with 1.4b_Assisted_Plotting_Mod which for me is a MUST have!

Thank you Steve for that!

Scape
11-23-08, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the input. As a result I decided to give this a try and wow just watching the sub do dive and surface drills in gwx is amazing. Now when I use the external and then go back to the sonar room I am still hearing the ambiance of surface waves. Is there any way to purge the sound buffer as this makes sonar checks all but impossible now.

meduza
11-23-08, 06:39 AM
Now when I use the external and then go back to the sonar room I am still hearing the ambiance of surface waves. Is there any way to purge the sound buffer as this makes sonar checks all but impossible now. The only way I know is to save and reload a game.

Did you minimize the game? This problem only happens to me when I minimize to desktop. Fortunately, I found the way to prevent it - before minimizing, go to hydrophone station and pause the game. At least it works for me :up:

Jimbuna
11-23-08, 11:24 AM
Event cam is one of the first things I disable. I like to take screenshots and check out the eye candy so external cam is on.

Ditto http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

papa_smurf
11-23-08, 01:33 PM
Don't use the external cam, as I want to keep the game as realistic as possible:arrgh!: