PDA

View Full Version : Video card troubleshooting help

virtualpender
11-17-08, 07:46 PM
Hi guys, this question isn't specific to SH4 but since I bought a new video card just so I could crank up the settings for this game, seemed like the best place to ask :D

I picked up a GT 9800 1024MB PCI-e card today. It is installed with both the drivers and Windows Vista 32 both completely updated. Its working OK and SH4 does look amazingly better, but the problem is that I have a ghost image of everything. Its like there is a second set of characters slightly to the right and behind the main image. Its really hard to look at and I don't know how to fix it. I even tried downloading the nHancer program with all of the recommended settings under the nVidia setting post but it didn't seem to help. Not sure what to do next.

Any suggestions, SubSimmers?

old_tex
11-17-08, 10:04 PM
Do other programs (WORD) do it, too? Are there any programs, other than SH4 that show the same symptoms? :up: Old_tex

virtualpender
11-17-08, 11:25 PM
Yup, it isn't just SH4 but anything I run has the "ghost image" in the background. So frustrating!!!

Deep-Six
11-18-08, 12:39 AM
Yup, it isn't just SH4 but anything I run has the "ghost image" in the background. So frustrating!!!

Could you post a pic so that I can see what is going on? That would be most helpful.

Harleyman
11-18-08, 03:00 AM
If you take a screenshot of it and it does not show up as you describe it,then its not your video card..

I would check your resolutions,both in the sim and your monitor..Things will be better if set everything to your monitors native resolution...

If thats not the cause then check your card temps.....Use EVGA Percission to run the vid card fan faster for better cooling

Nisgeis
11-18-08, 04:36 AM

Is it the Flying Dutchman? Seriously though, as Deep-Six suggested take a screen pic and as Harleyman says if that's OK (to us, perhaps not to you) then it's not your GFX card.

Are you using an old CRT monitor? They are prone to ghosting if the cable is damaged. If so, the ghosting will be only in one direction, e.g. the ghost image appears either to the left or right, or either above or below.

virtualpender
11-18-08, 10:10 AM
Nisgeis - thank you!

I swapped monitor cables and now it works beautifully! I can't believe the difference in the game - I have all of the graphic options turned on now and its a whole new gaming experience.

Thank you to everyone for helping me out!