PDA

View Full Version : Speed not accurate (Using Subschool)

sgtabell
11-15-08, 09:46 PM
In SH4, I am working to make sure my firing solutions are right. I am also using the Grey Wolves mod, everything is up to date.

I am trying to sink that cruiser, and the speed I get back when using the timer is always 5 knots.

My shots are always aft.

Set it to 8 knots, perfect hit.

I have watched the tutorials and think I know what I am doing. (I watch from external cameras).

I take my first mark immediately, I take the 2nd right before I shoot.

Is this a built in delay because I don't open the tube doors or is it something else?

Interestingly, even in SH3 my torps are always a bit aft also...just wondering what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

sgtabell

sgtabell
11-15-08, 11:48 PM
Ha...I figured it out...needed to read the manual better.

I need to use the stadimeter for a warship at the height of the funnel, this gave me what I needed, I believe this is a mod change.

LukeFF
11-16-08, 01:52 AM
Ha...I figured it out...needed to read the manual better.

I need to use the stadimeter for a warship at the height of the funnel, this gave me what I needed, I believe this is a mod change.
That would mean you're using RFB, not GW. :p

Rockin Robbins
11-16-08, 08:31 AM
Ummmmm... that's not the problem. Now, how the @#$@ do I explain it? Dug myself a good hole I did! I better get to it.

OK, what happened here? Did you use the masthead height to get distance? Let me assume you did. Then the range you found was too close. How did you determine speed? Let me assume you used the two plotted points method to determine speed. And let me assume you plotted the points as determined by your stadimeter readings, which were closer than real. Can I assume all this?

Terminating process pending verification of assumptions. Please reboot.

Damn! Windows error again. Can you fill in the details while I get this infernal machine in order?:p