PDA

View Full Version : Divert Your Course!!!

Fr8monkey
11-13-08, 04:43 PM
Here this is a real story, but I don't know....

Actual radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations, 10-10-95.American Ship: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadian Radio: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to South to avoid a collision.

American: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadian: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

American: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER ABRAHAM LINCOLN, WE ARE THE SECOND LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US ATLANTIC FLEET. DIVERT YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NOW OR COUNTER MEASURES WILL BE TAKEN TO ENSUER THE SAFETY OF THIS FLEET!

Canadian: We are a lighthouse... Your call.

Brag
11-13-08, 04:54 PM
Fr8
It's a good one, but sorry, an old story. I'm sure it will amuse the subsimmers who haven't heard it :|\\

meduza
11-13-08, 05:08 PM
:lol:
Good joke, but I also heard it before, only with different protagonists, closer and more relevant to my country.

bookworm_020
11-13-08, 05:13 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have heard it before but it still gives me a laugh!:up:

xxx
11-13-08, 06:18 PM
Brings a smile to my face, I thought the lighthouse was irish though...

johan_d
11-13-08, 07:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lFXqiz4u00

Here you are!

Sailor Steve
11-14-08, 06:46 PM
I first heard it when I was in the navy, back in 1970. It was BS then, not even remotely a true story. It's been going around the 'net for years now, and they always say "true story" or "actual transcript".

One problem of course is that lighthouses are automated these days, so there's no one to respond to a radio call if one had been made.

Sorry, not even close.
http://www.snopes.com/military/lighthouse.asp

Hanomag
11-15-08, 10:10 AM
One problem of course is that lighthouses are automated these days, so there's no one to respond to a radio call if one had been made.

Maybe ghosts?? Lighthouses are almost always haunted. :hmm:

Fr8monkey
11-15-08, 11:55 PM
never the less... It's still funny.

Task Force
11-16-08, 12:09 AM
Yea, lighthouses often do have ghoasts. If this was ture, wouldnt thy see that the contact wasnt moveing.:yep: Still it is funny.:lol:

Sailor Steve
11-16-08, 03:02 PM
As a joke, yes, it's hilarious.

As "Actual radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations, 10-10-95", not so much.