11-12-08, 12:34 PM
Lobbyist scramble for a piece of the bailout pie

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/11/12/business/12lobbying.php

Blacklight
11-12-08, 01:18 PM
This just shows the incredible shamefulness of corporate America. :nope:

NefariousKoel
11-12-08, 01:20 PM
Every company in the States is gonna be shooting for free handouts.

Good job, Congress. :down:

AVGWarhawk
11-12-08, 01:38 PM
Once again, mis-handled from the word go. You knew this bailout was pure BS when it finally passed and there was enough pork added to sink a battleship. What the hell, the bill included funding for kids wooden arrows:o. It just does not stop down there on Crapital Hill. This is just more of it and they are not worried about anyone knowing about it.

I'm calling them for a bail out...My company needs a bailout. HMIB, Inc ... Help Me I'm Broke, Inc. requires billions of dollars because we mis-managed the hell out of it. Check is coming when?

Zayphod
11-12-08, 01:44 PM
Once again, mis-handled from the word go. You knew this bailout was pure BS when it finally passed and there was enough pork added to sink a battleship. What the hell, the bill included funding for kids wooden arrows:o. It just does not stop down there on Crapital Hill. This is just more of it and they are not worried about anyone knowing about it.

I'm calling them for a bail out...My company needs a bailout. HMIB, Inc ... Help Me I'm Broke, Inc. requires billions of dollars because we mis-managed the hell out of it. Check is coming when?

I thought conservative-type governments were against hand-outs?

Did I miss a page somewhere?

BTW, I also demand free money! Why? Uh.....just, uh, um, well, just because, ok?

subchaser12
11-12-08, 01:55 PM
Guys! I got it, we need to make up a company. Call it Subsim Incorporated. We can say we provide submarine training equipment. We will be in the Cayman's on the beach with millions when the figure out what we did in 7 years.

AVGWarhawk
11-12-08, 01:59 PM

BTW, I also demand free money! Why? Uh.....just, uh, um, well, just because, ok?

Of course conservative governments are against handouts. Currently we have liberals running amuke on DC:lol:. Hmmmmm (clears windpipe)...Pelosi.

Zayphod
11-12-08, 02:14 PM

Of course conservative governments are against handouts. Currently we have liberals running amuke on DC:lol:. Hmmmmm (clears windpipe)...Pelosi.

I see. Who asked for the bill to get through Congress for AIG's benefit?
Who signed it once passed? Just wanted to clarify things. :doh:

SteamWake
11-12-08, 02:32 PM

Who ever said we have a conservative goverment?

Hell we have a president elect that wants to give tax rebeates to people whom pay no taxes :~

AVGWarhawk
11-12-08, 03:40 PM

I see. Who asked for the bill to get through Congress for AIG's benefit?
Who signed it once passed? Just wanted to clarify things. :doh:

Enough signed it to get it through....not until the pork was added by the Republicans:up: What, do you think all in Washington are not covering their tracks to the lenders? Do you think what they did was just to get relected? You bet they did. This is the pinnical of the self-serving folks in Washington.

Hanomag
11-12-08, 04:04 PM

It's called bankruptcy.... we can file at anytime! :lol:

Get an attorney they will make sure you get it... :up:

Granted theres no extra money other than what you owe BUT it's better than nothing!

AVGWarhawk
11-12-08, 04:16 PM

It's called bankruptcy.... we can file at anytime! :lol:

Get an attorney they will make sure you get it... :up:

Granted theres no extra money other than what you owe BUT it's better than nothing!

I'm going to file chapter 11 for HMIB, Inc and then head on out to Las Vegas with the upper management for a weekend retreat on the companies rolls. :up: