PDA

View Full Version : So much for confidentiality...

SteamWake
11-11-08, 11:07 AM
Obama aide leaks details of meeting between Bush and Obama.

This after being asked "To keep close counsil"

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/11/obama-urges-bush-help-auto-indusstry/

Given this is about domestic finance issues but it does give one pause as to other security aspects.

AVGWarhawk
11-11-08, 11:37 AM
I read this news this morning. I suspect and would hope Obama finds who leaked the information and have this person relieved of duty. If these talks at the presidentual level were conveyed in confidence to one of Obama's staff, there is no telling what else this person is capable of.

Digital_Trucker
11-11-08, 12:02 PM
Quote from Steam Wake's link:

President-elect Barack Obama asked President Bush to help the sagging auto industry during their private meeting in the White House, senior aides to both men told FOX News on Tuesday.
Looks like it's not just Obama's problem. Unless that's not the part we're discussing:D Personally, I think "senior aides" should have their mouths sutured shut so as to preclude such discussions with the media.

SteamWake
11-11-08, 12:02 PM
Unless the leak was intentional..

Alot of people are going to say "Angered Bush ! GOOD !" :oops:

AVGWarhawk
11-11-08, 12:07 PM
Quote from Steam Wake's link:

President-elect Barack Obama asked President Bush to help the sagging auto industry during their private meeting in the White House, senior aides to both men told FOX News on Tuesday.
Looks like it's not just Obama's problem. Unless that's not the part we're discussing:D Personally, I think "senior aides" should have their mouths sutured shut so as to preclude such discussions with the media.

Yep, could have gone both ways certainly. You are correct, silence is golden in some situations. In reality, I'm more interested in what color the drapes are that Obama has selected to hang in the White House. :D

Digital_Trucker
11-11-08, 12:29 PM
In reality, I'm more interested in what color the drapes are that Obama has selected to hang in the White House. :D
I'm betting on Chartreuse ( see here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartreuse_yellow) for an example:D)

AVGWarhawk
11-11-08, 12:42 PM
Yuck!

subchaser12
11-11-08, 04:31 PM
I suspect and would hope Obama finds who leaked the information and have this person relieved of duty.

This is called a transparent government. I support it 100%. We have heard over the last 8 years how everything had to be "secret" for secutiry purposes. They have hidden a mountain of crimes under the guise of "national security" recently. I hope this is a taste of things to come. I mean, what do they have to hide if all they are doing in on the level? The founding fathers did not intend for the government to be run in secret by a small cabal. That has what has happened under Bush.

FIREWALL
11-11-08, 04:38 PM
Did anyone notice the double take look of Prez Bush's wife when all four were in front of White House and she looked at Obamma's wifes bright RED dress. :p :rotfl:

subchaser12
11-11-08, 04:59 PM
Did anyone notice the double take look of Prez Bush's wife when all four were in front of White House and she looked at Obamma's wifes bright RED dress. :p :rotfl:

Doubt it was the dress, Laura Bush has never been that close to a "person of color". :huh:

Digital_Trucker
11-11-08, 05:27 PM
Doubt it was the dress, Laura Bush has never been that close to a "person of color". :huh:

And you've never been close enough to Laura Bush to know anything about what you're saying:nope:

Onkel Neal
11-11-08, 05:40 PM

Come on, man, let's not go in that direction.

Neal

Skybird
11-11-08, 06:00 PM
The pictures of the four in front of their ranch - I mean the White House, reminded me of the mother of all TV-soaps, "Dallas"! :D Just Miss Ellie looked a bit stoned...

subchaser12
11-11-08, 07:58 PM

Neal

Yeah my bad, that was below the belt. I'm sure the Bush family is pleased as punch about their successors. :p

bookworm_020
11-11-08, 09:43 PM
I'm sure the Bush family is pleased as punch about their successors. :p

At least they didn't have to welcome the Clinton's back!:p

Digital_Trucker
11-11-08, 10:17 PM
I'm sure the Bush family is pleased as punch about their successors. :p
At least they didn't have to welcome the Clinton's back!:p

:up::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

baggygreen
11-11-08, 10:31 PM
This is in a similar vein to recent news here, which was allegedly leaked direct from PM K Rudd's office.

Apparently (from a private call between Rudd and GWB), GW asked at one point 'what is the G20?' It made headlines here in no time.

Rudd, true to his typically evasive form, has evaded directly every question as to whether or not he leaked it.

Hows that for confidientiality! You'd think at least amongst world leaders, allies no less, you'd be able to trust them to keep any gaffes quiet!

SteamWake
11-12-08, 12:38 PM

Neal

I dont know who this 'subchaser' is but Ive seen more posts of this nature from in in the last day or two than Ive seen on the entire forums in the last several months. Beginning to belive him a troll with an agenda.

subchaser12
11-12-08, 01:10 PM
I dont know who this 'subchaser' is but Ive seen more posts of this nature from in in the last day or two than Ive seen on the entire forums in the last several months. Beginning to belive him a troll with an agenda.

I made one off color comment and appologized right after I said it. If you have more by all means post them here. I'm calling your bluff, let's see the cards. I'll be clear about my political leanings. Disgruntled Ron Paul supporter. As for my comment about Laura Bush, well 3/4 of my family is republican and the other 1/4 is more liberal. Care to guess in which households the "N" word flows freely at dinnertime? Again, I should not have said that but let's be honest, the NAACP doesn't exactly put Texas on top of it's most African American friendly states list.

SteamWake
11-12-08, 01:24 PM
No.. this is not the place for such discussions.

I am merely pointing out a trend.

Have a nice day :smug:

AVGWarhawk
11-12-08, 01:32 PM
Big Brother is watching you :shifty: Keep it cool guys.

Zayphod
11-12-08, 01:49 PM
Unless the leak was intentional..

Often times, in the world of politics, they are.