PDA

View Full Version : I dont wanna sound like a tard...... but.....

navy_gunner
11-10-08, 10:23 PM
Hey everyone. I am just wondering here without sounding like the slow kid on the block. I have had no luck installing SH3 on my vista piece o' crap, so I opened up my SH4 game. I downloaded the 1.5 update, and I have no freaking idea how to install it. Can someone dumb it up a bit for a guy that is totally clueless please? Id be very muchly obliged :)

Cheers

Monica Lewinsky
11-10-08, 10:32 PM
I have had no luck installing SH3 on my vista piece o' crap

Well, this piece of crap with Vista (Service Pack 1) and SH3 patched up, using GWX version 2 something, has no problems here - no crashes, no problems - EVER.

Also have SH4 with what you call 1.5 patch, really the U-Boat add-on on Vista running, too. I have NEVER had a crash ... ever.

Both run fine for me.

Might be a problem with who you see in the mirror, maybe? Or other game crap on your PC box?

The answer is giving more DETAILS. Your post .... too vague for some of us to help you at this point in time.

navy_gunner
11-10-08, 10:35 PM
Kinda odd response, but its not of too much help in just wondering how to put the patch I downloaded into my SH4 and making it a bit of a better game. As for the GXX and SH3, I am just a bit computer hostile, thats all. I even tried the step by step walkthru and had no luck :(

Nisgeis
11-11-08, 04:44 AM
Hello Navy_Gunner, the 1.5 U-Boat add-on should just install over the top of 1.4, when you run the setup - what problem are you having? There's some install instructions here that may be of use:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133290

Raptor1
11-11-08, 03:06 PM
Hello Navy_Gunner, the 1.5 U-Boat add-on should just install over the top of 1.4, when you run the setup - what problem are you having? There's some install instructions here that may be of use:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133290

You can install it over 1.0 too and it runs just fine

navy_gunner
11-12-08, 11:45 PM
Thanks alot. I will give it a whirl tomorrow. Cheers fellers