PDA

View Full Version : Destroyer Command - video problem help!

lamadondup
11-08-08, 10:15 AM
Did anyone manage to fix the problem with Destroyer Command and nvidia cards? When I install the game in XP, it appears to open normally, but the text i the menus is scrambled, making the game unplayable. Google searches revealed that others had had the same problem, but I never found a solution.

Yes, I know, it's a lousy game. I'm working on an article about how simulations reflect realilty and really *need* to get it running.

All help gratefully received!

Bubblehead Nuke
11-08-08, 10:56 AM
Can you please provide DC version #, installed mods, what kind of video card and what driver version?

I have DC installed on a XP machine AND a Vista machine and they BOTH have Nvidia cards. One is a 6200, the other is a 7600GS. I have no video issues at all. The game plays smoothly on both machines.

lamadondup
11-08-08, 12:24 PM
DC patched to 1.1; nvidia Geforce 8600, latest driver.

Splash screen looks OK, but the menus are hopelessly garbled.

Many thanks for helping!

Bubblehead Nuke
11-14-08, 03:05 PM
DC patched to 1.1; nvidia Geforce 8600, latest driver.

Splash screen looks OK, but the menus are hopelessly garbled.

Many thanks for helping!

My apologized for taking so long to reply.

Only thing I can think of is it is the card itself. There are a LOT of older games that do not like the 8 series of nvidia cards. It has to do with the way they handle DirectX 7 and older.

I myself am limited to AGP cards on my machines so I have not had the opporunity to delve into the problem. Because of the problems that I have read everywhere on the internet, I am going to be getting a ATI card when I upgrade in the begginning of '09.