PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Hackers are at it again. This time...

Thomen
11-07-08, 06:26 PM
the White House

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,448626,00.html

Skybird
11-07-08, 06:45 PM
I'm sure that at least it is tried to answer such favours on equal terms and at the other direction. ;) Even in relations between the US and the EU states and NATO states, mutual espionage, e-comm monitoring and ELINT as well as economical lobbying are part of the game.

In the end, friendship only can exist between individuals. But never between "states". As Nietzsche said, the states are the coldest of all monsters.

Thomen
11-07-08, 06:50 PM
I'm sure that at least it is tried to answer such favours on equal terms and at the other direction. ;) Even in relations between the US and the EU states and NATO states, mutual espionage, e-comm monitoring and ELINT as well as economical lobbying are part of the game.

In the end, friendship only can exist between individuals. But never between "states". As Nietzsche said, the states are the coldest of all monsters.
The fact to you seem to ignore or don't know, is that the Chinese government and their intelligence apparatus is (in)famous for such actions. You might want to look up what Merkel said to the Chinese when she was there on official business awhile ago.

EDIT:
I am not sure what is more depressing: That it happens and you can read about in the news.. or that IT security is so lacking that attackers succeed on a fairly common basis.

Letum
11-07-08, 07:10 PM
In the end, friendship only can exist between individuals. But never between "states".

What a bleak out look you have:

All war is total war.
Friendship can never exist between states.

Be careful not to become a cold monster your self!

There has always been friendship between states. It is never unmotivated and
always fickle, but then so are human friendships.

Sea Demon
11-07-08, 07:16 PM
There has always been friendship between states. It is never unmotivated and
always fickle, but then so are human friendships.

You're right Letum, but historically it always comes down to what's in the national interests as a singular concern in the end. I agree with you totally, but trying times makes for interesting and unexpected conditions. In regards to your last statement regarding friendships as being fickle, those words ring very true.

jpm1
11-07-08, 08:36 PM
with the arrival of the calculation by GPU that kind of news has chances to increase