PDA

View Full Version : Target ships damgaged really bad

pythos
11-06-08, 10:57 PM
Yet they somehow manage to continue on Flank speed, even with smoke pouring out of them, and their bellies missing. What gives?

I am running TMO, with RSDC, and when playing the other side, OM5.

This has been a bit of a problem with the sim in general. You do a picture perfect hit, the target lunges from the blast, explosions fly out... and the ship hits the gas and accelerates away as if nothing happen aside from the sighting of a torpedo.

This is something to do with the damage model, but what?

Help please.

SteamWake
11-07-08, 01:11 PM
when playing the other side, OM5..

I dont know what that is but Ill bet it has something to do with it.

pythos
11-09-08, 10:25 AM
Steam wake. Read the post not just what I am running.

This problem happens even with just Trigger Maru with Run silent run deep.

By "the other side" I meant playing the U-boats, and using Operation Monsun version 5.

I have seen others mention this about SH4 in general when it comes to damaged ships just blasting at flank speed despite the fact there is a gaping whole in the belly, and smoke pouring out of the ship.

Every piece of footage I have seen of a torpedo hit shows a very devastating explosion, with the ship clearly being taken out of action. Even if it continued to float, the ship would be severely hampered. Large warships I doubt would have such problems. The whole idea of multiple torpedoes needed to sink a ship was due to the fact torpedo guidance was lousy, which meant for every one hit, there were several that missed. This went away later in the war.

The point of my post is to ask.

Is this a hardcoded problem with SH4? Or is it something that can be worked on with mods?