PDA

View Full Version : How to make maps

mitchell300
11-05-08, 07:31 AM
Hi guys.
I made an map..
Started the game.
And it ended inmidiatly..
how can i make a map whit like 2 big task forces.
And play it fully?
I coulnd find any topic about this..
Yes i use sh4 map editor..
Thanks!
Mitch ;)

tale
11-05-08, 10:21 AM
Hello mitchell300,

you can find an excellent document about using the mission editor here (http://files.filefront.com/sh3+missioneditor+v12pdf/;11915465;/fileinfo.html). Yes, it is about the SH 3 mission editor but it is basically the same for the SH 4 mission editor

Munchausen
11-05-08, 06:29 PM
Did you mean the SH4 mission editor? If so, try here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=6421019045&m=1001027846&r=5681008846#5681008846

A couple things not covered in the walkthru ...

1. How to add harbors, etc.: try http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111790

2. How to delete something you messed up: try highlighting the item and then press the keyboard "Delete" key.

mitchell300
11-06-08, 08:44 AM
Thanks peeps.
Im going to make some raids for myself.
50bb vs 50bb ;)
my battle of samar is broken so my old raid is destroyed :S
Mitch ;)

mitchell300
11-06-08, 12:34 PM
Guys i have now the map at 26bb's VS 24+6 cl's +4ca's .
But the allied wont load :S
So im alone in my sub vs 24+6 cl's +4ca's.
Anybody can help?
How come the allied bb's wont load?

Mitch ;)

Raptor1
11-06-08, 03:03 PM
Guys i have now the map at 26bb's VS 24+6 cl's +4ca's .
But the allied wont load :S
So im alone in my sub vs 24+6 cl's +4ca's.
Anybody can help?
How come the allied bb's wont load?

Mitch ;)

Not sure I understand you, do the Allied BBs not appear after you placed in the mission editor?

mitchell300
11-08-08, 09:22 AM
yes thats what i mean yes..
i putted alliedvs axis bbs 16vs16..
only axis comes in battle.
and allied not.
maby they are scared xD
Mitch ;)

peabody
11-08-08, 12:21 PM
yes thats what i mean yes..
i putted alliedvs axis bbs 16vs16..
only axis comes in battle.
and allied not.
maby they are scared xD
Mitch ;)

Did you check the entry dates for the BBs, some are not available at the start of the war. Check that with the date of the mission in Mission/Parameters.

Peabody

mitchell300
11-11-08, 08:13 AM
All axis are from 1939 up.. all allied from 1941 up..
And i cant change them both.
so i cant manage to get them all in 1 game? :S

Mitch ;)

mitchell300
11-19-08, 06:29 AM
Nobody can help me?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFSKV2DA (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/)

this is the mission.
Plz fix it
mitch ;)
(http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/)

peabody
11-19-08, 04:00 PM
All axis are from 1939 up.. all allied from 1941 up..
And i cant change them both.
so i cant manage to get them all in 1 game? :S

Mitch ;)
Change the date of the mission so that all the ships have lower dates than the start of the mission. If a BB was not available until 1942 and your mission starts in 1941 it will not show.
Go to the menu on 'Mission' and select "Parameters" and check the start date.

As you add ships to the mission it will show a "Entry date" For example on the Iowa BB it has an entry date of 1943-2-22 so if your mission start before that, it will not load. The West Virginia has a entry date in 1944.

So the first thing to do is check the dates.

Also your link does not work, it is set to subsim.com. Use the icon at the top of the message window to add a link, the one that looks like a globe. Put your mouse over it and it says "Insert Link" then paste the address into that box.

I took the link and entered it manually and I am downloading it now.

I can not load your mission into mission editor, do you have the Uboat add on? I can play it but I had to edit the text file by hand. Your mission starts in 1942 but most of the boats are after the mission starts. So change your mission start date to 1944 and they will show. Your boats are going all over the place, it looks like they are too close to each other. Change that in the group settings to 800m spacing.

I also noticed they are set to "delete on last waypoint" so they when they get to the last waypoint they will disappear. uncheck that box in the ships window.

Peabody

mitchell300
11-20-08, 04:38 AM
do you have the Uboat add on?
Yes.
And if u have a working mission from this.
Plz upload :D
I wanna play this might bb mission.
PS:some pcs cant handle this mission.
To many ships.
Mitch ;)

EDIT:
i tried to set time start mission earlyer..
but my submarine/battleship human control enters the game in 1941..
Ok now i really think nobody can make this mission start whit all ships ...
Plz help!

peabody
11-20-08, 01:08 PM
do you have the Uboat add on?
Yes.
And if u have a working mission from this.
Plz upload :D
I wanna play this might bb mission.
PS:some pcs cant handle this mission.
To many ships.
Mitch ;)

EDIT:
i tried to set time start mission earlyer..
but my submarine/battleship human control enters the game in 1941..
Ok now i really think nobody can make this mission start whit all ships ...
Plz help!

You say nobody can make it work, when I just told you I played it. Change the starting date in Mission parameters, and since you said you had a problem, change the start date of your sub to the exact same date.

Do you have any Mods installed? Especially ship mods, that may be the reason it won't load into mission editor. Any mission using a ship Mod will not load into the editor unless I also have the mod on my machine, so that is why I changed the date manually in the text files.
There are other things to fix, the ships are too close together, they go all over the place so they will not run into another ship. The game sets them to 300m it is not enough. Right click on the lead ship in the group and go to "Arrange Group" and set the spacing to about 800m and I would put them in two columns, they are one long line right now.

Peabody

mitchell300
11-20-08, 01:17 PM
I use iowa battleship playable mod..

''You say nobody can make it work, when I just told you I played it. Change the starting date in Mission parameters, and since you said you had a problem, change the start date of your sub to the exact same date.''
I said im not able to..
if i set it to 1939 it goes back to 1941 if i press accept..
And i said i think nobody can play it..
Plz can u fix this?
Bcs every time i set start dates from ships to other, and it goes back to what it whas b4 i changed it..

Mitch ;)

peabody
11-20-08, 02:02 PM
I use iowa battleship playable mod..

''You say nobody can make it work, when I just told you I played it. Change the starting date in Mission parameters, and since you said you had a problem, change the start date of your sub to the exact same date.''
I said im not able to..
if i set it to 1939 it goes back to 1941 if i press accept..
And i said i think nobody can play it..
Plz can u fix this?
Bcs every time i set start dates from ships to other, and it goes back to what it whas b4 i changed it..

Mitch ;)

You can not change a ships date to earlier than what is loaded in the game, it has not been built yet and that is why it will not show. The very first thing I told you is to change the Mission date to 1944 because a lot of your ships were built in 1943 and 1944, so you can not use them before that. You can change a date to a later date then what is there, but you can not change a date to earlier on a ship. So when you build a mission check the dates of the ships. You can not sail a ship in 1941 if it was not built until 1943. Now to you see what I am trying to say? Maybe I did not explain it well before, but do you understand now what I mean?

Now I can load it into the mission editor, I enabled the Iowa.

Here is a partially fixed mission.

In the future when you make a mission, write down the ship date and make the start of the mission after that highest date of any ship you put into it.

After you put units in, uncheck the "delete on last waypoint". The ships will disappear when they reach the last waypoint if you leave this on and you may be in the middle of a battle and your ships just disappear. You can not change this setting after you make a group, so be sure to change it before you combine the ships into a group. To change it now, you have to take them out of the group.

After you put in any unit, ship or planes, and put in a waypoint, then right click and select "Head to Waypoint" . That will set them so they are pointed in the right direction.

When you enter this mission set your speed to 2/3 that will be about the same speed the others are set for. (18 knots) then put your men at "Battlestations" so they will shoot when attacked.

Here is your mission:

http://files.filefront.com/bbtest2zip/;12410951;/fileinfo.html

Peabody