PDA

View Full Version : Of all the bad luck...

Tamok123
11-03-08, 11:37 PM
Im right smack in the middle of the south China Sea, and both electrical and Diesal engines are totally blown from a task force of 4 Destroyers, sunk em all before one got a lucky depth charge, So im just sitting there with about 6 lifeboats floating around me, engines gone, and no way to move.

Can I call a tug boat?

Do I have to restart? My career has been pretty good, so that would SUCK.

Im totally stuck, and help would be nice.

(ive did the 8000x speed for 3 game days, engines still broken):damn:

Task Force
11-03-08, 11:45 PM
You are gona have to start a new carear (or go to a prior save) More than likely they are distoryed.:yep:

Rockin Robbins
11-04-08, 06:11 AM
No tugboats in wartime, son. You are just SOL. Maybe you can hitch a ride in one of them lifeboats?

Seminole
11-04-08, 06:41 AM
I don't suppose you have SHIV version 1.5 and a crewman with the special ability to repair destroyed equipment do you?

If not...then...what they said...

...but don't fret...we've all been there..done that...:-? :yep:

SteamWake
11-04-08, 09:30 AM
I don't suppose you have SHIV version 1.5 and a crewman with the special ability to repair destroyed equipment do you?

Wait what?

Thats news to me...

You lose either the diesels, props, shafts, rudders, or run out of fuel its game over. Losing the electrics can be problematic if your in a trouble spot too.

tale
11-04-08, 10:39 AM
Welcome to subsim Tamok123!!!:()1:

There's no way we can take you out of that situation you are in, all we can do is give you advice to minimize the effects of such a problem in the future, because you will face it again.

For example don't forget to save your game regularly, that way you won't have to take a long jump back in time when you load your last saved game, next time you are stuck inside a broken submarine.

Gook luck

Quillan
11-04-08, 10:40 AM
The U-boat missions expansion introduced heroic abilities for certain crew members. One such ability is the ability to repair destroyed equipment at sea.
It's an active ability, so it can only be used every so often, but if you have a crew member with that ability, you might be able to get out of this mess. I'd stick the repair wizard in the engine compartment, stock the damage control team fully, go to battle stations while submerged and activate the ability. When the ability wears off (I think it lasts about 5 minutes), come down from battle stations, deactivate the DC team, and use time compression until the ability resets. Repeat the process until your destroyed equipment is functional.

Now, I've never actually used the ability, so I don't know if it will allow you to fully repair the destroyed equipment, or if it just allows you to bring it back to functional but extremely poor condition. I'd still head home once it was done.

Of course, if you don't have someone with this ability, "Game over, man, game over!" Either reload an earlier save or start a new career, because this one is done. You can stick a fork in it.

SteamWake
11-04-08, 10:43 AM
The U-boat missions expansion introduced heroic abilities for certain crew members. One such ability is the ability to repair destroyed equipment at sea.

No kiddin :o

I have never seen this ! First time Ive ever heard it mentioned... man I have to recruit one of them asap !

Can they repair for instance a lost rudder?!

Tamok123
11-04-08, 09:13 PM
Well, it really is slight comfort to have known that

A. When I surfaced and shot like mad with torpedos, I got one of the Destroyrers, sinking it fast.

B. The other destroyer clipped the side of my sub, then burst into flames.

C. The last one I got the command deck with the deck gun, making it "fly blind"

Im a very casual player, rarely using anything put point, lock, and shoot. :know:

But I will be praticing with the other strageties, and things I read on this forum may help.

I specially love reading stories about patrols, so keep em coming!

-Captain Awsome