PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to take a photograph with surface ship?

flareo
11-02-08, 11:03 PM
i have to take a photo, but im using surface ship, so that means no periscope, so no picture, so i was just wondering if it is at all possible to take one.
Thank You in advance.

Sledgehammer427
11-03-08, 08:04 AM
hmmm, possibly your watch crew can break out the polaroids on your ship? :lol:

as far as i know, no, no pictures, its not worth the 250 renown, so sail in and blow the living crap out of EVERYTHING!
:arrgh!:

flareo
11-03-08, 11:03 AM
k thanks, that will be funner anyway :p

SteamWake
11-03-08, 11:26 AM
What is 'surface ship' some mod?

tomoose
11-03-08, 12:02 PM
So am I to understand that Flareo is conducting submarine missions with a surface ship?????:doh: Erm, yeah!:shifty:

U-46 Commander
11-03-08, 12:08 PM
MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yes, KptLt. Bernard Von Awful is raiding anenemy harbor with der great Battleship Graf Spee!!!:arrgh!:

tomhugill
11-03-08, 12:10 PM
The playable graf spee has a working periscope so you can take pics , my yamato on the otherhand doesnt :P

Diopos
11-03-08, 12:57 PM
Surface ship?:o
Traitor! :nope:

Or does he mean "surfaced"?:hmm:

SteamWake
11-03-08, 02:42 PM
Surface ship?:o
Traitor! :nope:

Or does he mean "surfaced"?:hmm:

Well the periscopes still work while surfaced so I took it to mean literally a 'surface ship' :hmm:

tomoose
11-04-08, 12:22 PM
Periscope on a battleship!?!? :-?
Is a "playable" ship essentially the sub innards surrounded by a ship "skin"?

tomhugill
11-04-08, 06:15 PM
Not really , they have fully working guns , aa and in some cases damage model

Tamok123
11-04-08, 10:49 PM
Were would we find such mods?

-Captain Awsome

peabody
11-05-08, 02:40 AM
Periscope on a battleship!?!? :-?
Is a "playable" ship essentially the sub innards surrounded by a ship "skin"?
Actually you take an AI ship, add the subs dive planes, at least one torpedo tube, (they are hidden, they don't need to show) and in the submarine.sim file change ship to sub and then the game thinks it is a sub and you can play it.
There are a lot of file changes to make. Your conning tower view will need to be moved. The bridge crew needs to be moved. You have to "remap IDs" in the files so they won't conflict with the ones in game. Change the name so it won't conflict and change the deckgun to a turret if you want it playable and so on.........
The biggest problem when they first starting doing this was the damage model. It didn't work for the ship, but now some people have figured out how to fix that so it gets better each time they make a new ship.
There are no interiors YET, so they use a subs interior rooms.

@Tamok123: Look in the Mods forum here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140742

and there are probably some more that are not listed. There is a suface ship Mod in the works but it is not done yet.

Peabody

tomoose
11-05-08, 11:09 AM
Very interesting. Working guns too? I assume that the guns are actually "multiple" deck guns or do they actually have 12'' guns modded etc?

tomhugill
11-05-08, 01:10 PM
Shameless plug http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=143729

Screw 12" guns heres nine 18" :D

peabody
11-05-08, 01:52 PM
Very interesting. Working guns too? I assume that the guns are actually "multiple" deck guns or do they actually have 12'' guns modded etc?

The working guns are already on the boat, unless you want to change them. They are already manned by the guns files for the AI ship. The only only ones that need to be changed are the ones you want 'playable'. And they have files for every guns in the game in the library, they are not multiple deckguns. They are actual 3D models of the guns on that ship that is being modded. And for anyone with 3D modding skill can make any gun they want.
They have double turrets, triple turrets, 5 inch, 6 inch 12 ince 18 inch anything that is on any ship in the game.

Peabody