PDA

View Full Version : Palin takes prank call from fake French president

Zachstar
11-01-08, 08:00 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g6h1fK1yrnh6Tqp-SAGxAmFgDf1QD946CPD80

MONTREAL (AP) — Sarah Palin has unwittingly taken a prank call from a Canadian comedian posing as French President Nicolas Sarkozy and told him she may make a good president in eight years.
The Republican vice presidential nominee discussed politics, the perils of hunting with Vice President Dick Cheney, and Sarkozy's "beautiful wife," in the telephone call released Saturday.
When the caller told Palin she would make a good president, she laughed and replied: "Maybe in eight years."
Palin campaign spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt confirmed she received the prank call.
"Governor Palin was mildly amused to learn that she had joined the ranks of heads of state, including President Sarkozy and other celebrities, in being targeted by these pranksters. C'est la vie," she said.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :rock:

Of course anybody can be pranked including Biden and Obama. Yet to see this rouge VP candidate fall flat on her face politically again is beyond funny!

Forget being an anchor of the McCain campaign. These days it seems like more of 3 megatons of fail sinking it!

Stealth Hunter
11-01-08, 09:45 PM
Honestly, how did this get through the lines? Her staff must suck.:roll:

Thomen
11-01-08, 09:48 PM
Of course anybody can be pranked including Biden and Obama. Yet to see this rouge VP candidate fall flat on her face politically again is beyond funny!

Forget being an anchor of the McCain campaign. These days it seems like more of 3 megatons of fail sinking it!

Tell me, how exactly does that make her a fail? That she received a call like that? Or that she did not recognize it as a prank?

Stealth Hunter
11-01-08, 09:49 PM

Tell me, how exactly does that make her a fail? That she received a call like that? Or that she did not recognize it as a prank?

Oh sure, it isn't her fault for checking the authenticity before receiving it...:nope:

Zachstar
11-01-08, 09:50 PM
Fail as in now the topic of conversation is the VP not being able to even select/train her staff properly.

Her selection was meant to help draw out the PUMAS to McCain. Now more people will vote for Obama out of fear of Sarah than McCain out of anger of Obama primary victory.

Jimbuna
11-02-08, 07:36 AM
I should imagine members of her staff team are wondering which of their heads are going to roll because of this. :hmm:

Skybird
11-02-08, 07:49 AM
That faked Sarko implemented several flaws and hints into his call where she could have been able to realise that he was not whom he pretended to be. Since he probably did not do that towards her staff, nevertheless then gave his target several chances to realise what was going on, she should not blame her staff, but herself. But judging by the examinations against her in case of the events in Alaska where she abused her position to revenge some family business the Palin way, I have no doubt she won't.

Jimbuna
11-02-08, 08:10 AM
It's a good job the joker didn't ring Paddy then :lol:

Ireland Declares War on France

Nikolaus Sarkosy, The French President, is sitting in his office when his telephone rings.
"Hallo, Mr. Sarkosy!" a heavily accented voice said. "This is Paddy down at the Harp Pub in County Clare, Ireland. I am ringing to inform you that we are officially declaring war on you!"

"Well, Paddy," Sarkosy replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," says Paddy, after a moment's calculation, "there is meself, me Cousin Sean, me next door neighbor Seamus, and the entire darts team from the pub. That makes eight!"

Sarkosy paused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100,000 men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Begoora!" says Paddy. "I'll have to ring you back."

Sure enough, the next day, Paddy calls again. "Mr. Sarkosy, the war is still on. We have managed to get us some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Paddy?" sarkosy asks.

"Well, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Murphy's farm tractor."

Sarkosy sighs amused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 6,000 tanks and 5,000 armored personnel carriers. Also, I have increased my army to 150,000 since we last spoke."

"Saints preserve us!" says Paddy. "I'll have to get back to you."

Sure enough, Paddy rings again the next day. "Mr. Sarkosy, the war is still on! We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We have modified Jackie McLaughlin's ultra-light with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Shamrock Bar have joined us as well!"

Sarkosy was silent for a minute and then cleared his throat. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100 bombers and 200 fighter planes. My military bases are surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I have increased my army to 200,000!"

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!" says Paddy, "I will have to ring you back."

Sure enough, Paddy calls again the next day. "Top o' the mornin', Mr. Sarkosy! I am sorry to inform you that we have had to call off the war."

"Really? I am sorry to hear that Paddy," says Sarkosy. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Well," says Paddy, "we had a long chat over a few pints of Guinness, and decided there is no freakin' way we can feed 200,000 prisoners."

Raptor1
11-02-08, 08:46 AM
:rotfl:

rifleman13
11-02-08, 10:28 AM
If we could all see the look on Palin's face!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::arrgh!:

Biggles
11-02-08, 12:36 PM
LOL @ Jimbuna:lol:

Oh, and I can say quite honestly, that if I were american, then I wouldn't vote for McCain, mostly because of Palin...