PDA

View Full Version : SH4 Gold Version

XLjedi
10-28-08, 01:15 PM
Just ordered it today from Amazon. :yep:

I've had SH4 since the day it was released, and frankly, for me, it's been a little disappointing... interface and all... never really thought the SH3 interface needed fixin' but we could sit and argue over that one for eons I s'pose.

Bought the gold version for 3 reasons:
1) Liked the idea of having the all-patched-up version on disk
2) Wanted the U-Boat missions on disk
3) I continue to cast dollar votes for developers who contribute to genres that I like (naval sims)

Looking forward to playing with a Type IX... would love to see the other types ported over as well.

If they keep makin em, I'll keep buyin em. :up:

SteamWake
10-28-08, 01:17 PM
SH4 Gold includes the uboat add on?

FIREWALL
10-28-08, 01:23 PM
Just ordered it today from Amazon. :yep:

I've had SH4 since the day it was released, and frankly, for me, it's been a little disappointing... interface and all... never really thought the SH3 interface needed fixin' but we could sit and argue over that one for eons I s'pose.

Bought the gold version for 2 reasons:
1) Liked the idea of having the all-patched-up version on disk
2) Wanted the U-Boat missions on disk
3) I continue to cast dollar votes for developers who contribute to genres that I like (naval sims)

Looking forward to playing with a Type IX... would love to see the other types ported over as well.

If they keep makin em, I'll keep buyin em. :up:

Im the same way, :yep: I always think I got screwed by UBI AND ALWAYS KEEP BUYING. :damn: :p :rotfl:

kylania
10-28-08, 01:24 PM
SH4 Gold includes the uboat add on?

Yup. It's a fully patched 1.5 version with U-Boat Add-On that doesn't require the DVD to be in the drive. It's awesome.

Schani
10-28-08, 03:33 PM
What? The DVD doesn't need to be in the drive?:huh: This I did not know. Me must try.

Monica Lewinsky
10-28-08, 06:13 PM
What? The DVD doesn't need to be in the drive?:huh: This I did not know. Me must try.

You don't know what you are missing. Got it months ago - one word - GREAT!

Seminole
10-29-08, 08:16 AM
The main thing I like about SHIV 1.5 Gold is the fact that for me manual targeting works so much better than in the previous versions. Don't ask me why...I don't know unless there was something done about the mast height discrepancies that have been discussed.

Before 1.5 Gold I was lucky to manage an accurate attack solution.I was always blowing off the bow or stern..and even these were near misses most of the time. With 1.5 Gold I can seem to miss. I can't recall the last time I missed a shot. The vast majority of my shots are midship fatal strikes.

..and I mean full manual attack solutions at odd and difficul angles...not the Dick O'Kane version which I reserve soley for night attacks where it is impossible to collect the required TDC data.

Schani
10-29-08, 08:58 AM
No. I have the Gold edition. Got it in August.:up: I just assumed the DVD had to be in the drive when playing. I like that.

Hope I get some time to spend on the computer. But I'm getting ready to close and move into a new house. Moving has to be quick. The weather here isn't going to hold much longer.