SteamWake
10-27-08, 06:44 PM
LOL nice haul...

I dont think my current carrier has that .... total :rock:

Time to ratchet up the difficulty me thinks :know:

HansVonBeehan
10-27-08, 06:46 PM
Yeahh! I got into a big task fleet! with 5 Carriers! and then i sank :(

so i had to restart :( damn them carriers!

Task Force
10-27-08, 07:14 PM
You must be useing one of those un realism mods, or my eyes are playing tricks on me.:lol:

V.C. Sniper
10-27-08, 08:40 PM
An average U.S. submarine war patrol would only net 2-4 ships. :shifty:

Stop using them h4x3z

Diopos
10-27-08, 10:48 PM
C'mon guys it's a hobby not a contest!

If you have a forward base located ~400km from your patrol "star" and avoid "completing the mission" and/or calling in the admiralty you can get "unrealistically" high tonnage within the context of whatever difficulty level you're playing.
Happened to me. In one month I doubled my career's tonnage (up to spring '44 at the time). Wanted to start a thread about the need for some "operational level" cosiderations that should be included in the game. I mean there were IJN patrols and convoys passing ~200-250km near the forward base!:huh: :yep:

Seminole
10-28-08, 06:49 AM
This is the Captain of the USS Plunger.

Coming back form his 4th Patrol with
64 Merchant ships and 25 Warships SUNK!

and a few planes

Congratulations! Now what will you do for an encore?

old_tex
10-28-08, 07:36 PM
Boy, I thought I did OK by sinking 58000 tons. That includes a carrier and two tin cans. My assignment was to deploy an agent in China, which I did. Then orders came to patrol around Luzon in the Philippines. I shot everything at them, so went to Tulagi in the Solomons to reload. Stopped by Rabaul for some fun and had to reload again. Went back to Luzon to finish the mission. On the way home, got two Zekes. My boat is a porpoise class with four forward and two aft. No RADAR. I love the old girl. :up: Old_tex

U-46 Commander
10-28-08, 08:23 PM
Now how in the world did you do this? Please tell us your secret!

ancient46
10-29-08, 03:01 PM
Some people like a realistic simulation where replicating the WW2 experience is important. Some like an arcade simulation where sinking a lot of ships is important. With the assistance of our terrific MOD teams almost any approach is possible.

RSRDC follows the historical record of ship sailings so the actual ships available for sinking is more limited than the stock game. You need to be in the right place at the right time. I personally prefer this gameplay but others might not find enough targets for them.

Real Fleet Boat's evolving damage model makes it a lot harder to sink ships and requires more precise targeting to sink a ship. Any MOD that uses a flooding sinking model rather than the stock hit point model makes ship sinking more realistic. Again this makes it more fun for me but it may frustrate others who want to see ships rapidly slipping below the waves when the prescribed number of hits reduces the hitpoints to zero.

TMO is wickedly difficult with evil destroyers and planes with X-Ray vision that make the game a real challenge.:D

So I am happy you are enjoying the game. The many ways to play the game are what makes it great. I would encourage you to try the many MODs available to see if you like the experience you get even better.