PDA

View Full Version : Loading extra torpedoes

I'm goin' down
10-27-08, 12:28 PM
I am finally going to share something "potentially" useful, rather than posting questions.

I am playing Career. My ship is on Mission No. 8 in a Gato class. I sailed to Midway to Refit. I was out of torpedoes. Gato class holds 10 fore torpedoes and 4 aft. Thus, after Refitting I had a stock of 14 torpedoes.

My crew diligently moved 6 of the 10 fore torpedoes to the fore firing tubes, leavng the ship with 4 in reserve for the fore tubes (i.e. I could have said, "4 for fore tubes," but my fellow captains would have never let me forget it.). They also transferred 2 of the four aft topedoes to their firing bays, leaving a reserve of 2 aft topredoes.

My crew was upset that we were not provided with another 6 fore torpedoes and another 2 aft torpedoes after loading torpedoes into the firing bays. I came up with a "solution." I invited 10 cute Waves and Nurses who were on a three day leave for a morale boosting, overnight weekend cruise. The crew went bersek. What a party! Let me tell you, the only thing that beats a cute gal on the bridge wearing a combat helmet is nine more sunbathing on the deck! When we returned to port the gals were on deck in short skirts to greet the surly Harbor Master. He was so flustered all he could manage to stutter was, "Are you docking or Refitting?" "Hell." I said. "We have a war to win. Refit, sir." His telephone call to a buddy in the naval supply yard promptly yielded 6 more fore torpedoes and 2 more after torpedoes - a net gain of 8 torpedoes. the ship is now stocked with 22 torpedoes and morale is through the hull! http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/icons/icon10.gif We sail tomorrow.

(I do not know what would have happened if I had not Refitted twice. Perhaps the game would have automatically generated the 8 torpedoes yielded on the second Refit, but I was not going to wait to find out.)

SteamWake
10-27-08, 12:45 PM
This is an old trick, refitting, loading the tubes, refitting again.

In practice you can patrol indefinatly by re-fitting, just dont call home with less than 6 torpedoes on your boat and they will keep giving out new missions.

In theory its a 'cheat' most of the tenders had fuel, food, toilet paper, etc. They did not have torpedoes. Even if they did they dident have an endless supply maybe 5 or 6 at best let alone 'types' to choose from.

Its cool though play as you wish :rock:

My crew likes to return home on occassion...

By the way 'women' would have been hard to come by in these remote ports.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/UlteriorModem/ctc_04_img1087.jpg

Diopos
10-27-08, 01:02 PM
Steam, I'm certain that your gal is the left one! :yep:
:D

SteamWake
10-27-08, 01:08 PM
Steam, I'm certain that your gal is the left one! :yep:
:D

Me likes the sturdy Island womens :|\\