PDA

View Full Version : Need A Little Help

cdrsubron7
10-26-08, 03:15 PM
I'm working on a project in which I want to use the SHIV logo that you can find in the game as as dds file. I want to convert it to a jpeg so I can handle it in the graphics program I'm using. I have d/led the DDS Converter 2, but here's the dummy part. I can't figure out how to use it. I surely would appreciate somebody explaining how to use it or providing a link where I can find the info. Thanks in advance.

U-46 Commander
10-26-08, 04:34 PM
Try GIMP. You can download it free and it will open .dds files and then you can save it as a .jpeg file.

cdrsubron7
10-26-08, 04:42 PM
Try GIMP. You can download it free and it will open .dds files and then you can save it as a .jpeg file.

Thank you, U-46 CDR. I appreciate that info, I will give it a try. :up:

cdrsubron7
10-26-08, 05:52 PM

I must be missing something. I've downloaded the latest version of gimp and still cannot access the the file I'm looking for. I must be doing something wrong. :-?

Webster
10-26-08, 06:19 PM
the logo is its own file

the image for the loading screen is a straight forward image file with nothing but the picture, the logo and other stuff are on a seperate file that places them in a premapped location on the screen over whatever image you use. hope that helps.

aanker
10-26-08, 08:10 PM

I must be missing something. I've downloaded the latest version of gimp and still cannot access the the file I'm looking for. I must be doing something wrong. :-?
Gimp is great! To use the Gimp with dds files it needs a plugin like:
http://nifelheim.dyndns.org/~cocidius/dds/

Time for me to upgrade. Looks like there's a newer plugin now than the one I've been using.... lol

Art