PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Best Sub in Game?

HansVonBeehan
10-25-08, 04:13 PM
What is the Best one?

Sledgehammer427
10-25-08, 04:19 PM
depends...i go for lots of tubes to shoot so i go for a gato. balaos cause low framerate and i generally avoid them.

salmon and sargos and porpoises are all-around good subs, but not my cup of tea.

the sugar boats (S boats) are quick divers, and compact. use these if you enjoy a little bit of U-boatness in your games

Rockin Robbins
10-25-08, 04:19 PM
Well, I like my Balao. It has extreme firepower, great radar, plenty of depth-keeping ability and a decent 20 knot surface ability. It also has a really cool shark mouth.:up:

My S-Boat is growing on me, although it is nothing like the real thing. Captains just prayed to survive them to get into a real submarine. Ours work WAY too good. But they're a lot of fun in the game and are great underwater performers.

Monica Lewinsky
10-25-08, 04:33 PM
My S-Boat is growing on me, although it is nothing like the real thing. Captains just prayed to survive them to get into a real submarine. Ours work WAY too good. But they're a lot of fun in the game and are great underwater performers.
I've been having great fun with them S-Boats also because so many challenges work against you.

Orion2012
10-25-08, 05:10 PM
I'm happy with a Gato, quick diving and decent test depth. Plus having those six bow tubes are a plus. I generally try and stay away from those generally.

HansVonBeehan
10-25-08, 05:38 PM
Ok I've been on patrol! :)

so how do u complete it?
do you have to patrol the grid for 24 hours like in SH3?

SteamWake
10-25-08, 05:54 PM
Whatever one Im in at the moment :rock:

Arclight
10-25-08, 06:29 PM
Ok I've been on patrol! :)

so how do u complete it?
do you have to patrol the grid for 24 hours like in SH3?Return to home port and you will get a dialog that offers to "end patrol". The same dialog will pop up at other ports, but the "end patrol" option will be greyed out. All you can do there is resupply.

Hope you saved some fuel. ;)

gimpy117
10-26-08, 12:31 AM
depends...i go for lots of tubes to shoot so i go for a gato. balaos cause low framerate and i generally avoid them.

salmon and sargos and porpoises are all-around good subs, but not my cup of tea.

the sugar boats (S boats) are quick divers, and compact. use these if you enjoy a little bit of U-boatness in your games

low framerates??
what are you using?? I don't see any difference on my pc.

Diopos
10-26-08, 01:29 AM
The best one?

The one that gets you back, of course!:yep:

breadcatcher101
10-26-08, 08:37 AM
As R.R. said, the Balao for the same reasons.

My fav though is the Gato class.

Lexandro
10-26-08, 08:59 AM
Well, I like my Balao. It has extreme firepower, great radar, plenty of depth-keeping ability and a decent 20 knot surface ability. It also has a really cool shark mouth.:up:

You know I always see people saying that about the Balao graphics but I always get USS Balao and its always just the normal dark rusting colour the same as every other boat. Ive also never seen the two tone Balao colour scheme even though its shows it in the starting video

:hmm:

I would stay in the Gato class but for one thing. The AA turret is bugged and I cant use it thanks to the Gato having huge metal flanks in the way every time I point it skyward. Other than that I think its the best boat to get.

Arclight
10-26-08, 09:45 AM
Gato for sure, because of the extra 1/2 a knot on the surface and the 1/4 of a knot underwater. :lol:

Salmon early war, for same reason. ;)

HansVonBeehan
10-26-08, 11:50 AM
Also do you have to sink all the Merchant ships or a few?

Raptor1
10-26-08, 11:53 AM
I like the Salmon too, for some bizzare reason

@Hans, try to sink all enemy or persumed enemy merchants if possible, spare nothing that might get to the Japanese mainland intact