PDA

View Full Version : SH3_XPSP2_Res_Fix_for_1.4b question.

prowler3
10-24-08, 08:55 PM
Do I understand correctly that I can choose any resolution by altering the "d3d9.cfg" settings for "ResX" and ResY"? Are there limits to this setting in SH3 that I should not exceed? What are some of you running for resolutions, without problems?

Thanks!

richardphat
10-24-08, 10:19 PM
Do I understand correctly that I can choose any resolution by altering the "d3d9.cfg" settings for "ResX" and ResY"? Are there limits to this setting in SH3 that I should not exceed? What are some of you running for resolutions, without problems?

Thanks!

Not really, the window size will remain the same but the pixel and stuff like that are reduced or compressed more..... It is up to you.
Well this is how it works for me, if im wrong probably my setting messed up

Task Force
10-24-08, 10:21 PM
Ive always wondered if you can do this the same with Vista.:hmm:

prowler3
10-24-08, 11:23 PM

Thanks!

Not really, the window size will remain the same but the pixel and stuff like that are reduced or compressed more..... It is up to you.
Well this is how it works for me, if im wrong probably my setting messed up

I understand that...what I'm asking is can I take advantage of a, say, 1600x1200 screen resolution (less "jaggies", sharper image quality, etc.). Of course the window size will remain the same...I play fullscreen, anyway.

Fincuan
10-25-08, 12:47 AM
Yes you can, as long as you use a 4:3 resolution. Anything else will cause distortions in SH3(circles won't be circles etc), even though it might look sharp and good.

Reece
10-25-08, 01:01 AM
You don't have to increase the screen size to get rid of the jaggies, just set your Windows AA to 4 or so & make sure "Application Controlled" is not ticked.:yep:

prowler3
10-25-08, 07:43 PM
You don't have to increase the screen size to get rid of the jaggies, just set your Windows AA to 4 or so & make sure "Application Controlled" is not ticked.:yep:

I might be wrong, but doesn't a higher screen resolution diminish the size of those "jaggies"...or is that purely a function of the monitors DPI? I found a post with nHancer settings for SH3 last night...works really good and agrees with your suggestions.

Thanks everyone!

Vic