PDA

View Full Version : S Boat - "Cannot Comply" WTF?

banjo
10-22-08, 04:57 PM
I started a new career Dec 6, 1941 in an S boat. It was stationed at Manila. When I tried to start the career, i.e. I gave the order for Standard Ahead I got the reply "Cannot Comply". No matter what I did the boat would not move, including Battle Stations. I submerged, same reply. When I looked at the F7 Crew Screen (TMO) it showed all positions manned normally. However, when I looked around inside the boat (F2) the position for the guy that pulls the levers was empty. I finally gave up, exited and started a new S boat career. I carefully selected the crew and equipment. When I enterd the career, same deal. The lever pulling position was empty and the boat would not move. Again, all crew postions were properly filled.
I gave up again and started a new career same date in a Porpoise. Entered the patrol and the boat moved normally.
Anyone know what was going on? Thx.

Rockin Robbins
10-22-08, 05:00 PM
What are your mods? I use an S-Boat in stock and RFB without incident. See my movie (http://files.filefront.com/John+P+Cromwell+Tutorial7z/;12127008;/fileinfo.html) to prove it.

SteamWake
10-22-08, 05:21 PM
Its a glitch with TMO, theres a fix for it in the modding forum.

Orion2012
10-22-08, 05:22 PM
You need the S-boat engine patch. As Steamwake said check the TMO forum.

banjo
10-22-08, 06:01 PM
Tks guys. As many times as I have been in that forum I can't belive I missed that.

Soterius
01-13-09, 11:57 PM
Well, I've run into the same problem but I use no mods and I don't use an s-boat either. So how do I solve it?

I started a career in 1941 with a Porpoise class submarine, I was stationed in Manila. So first mission I had to deploy to Celebes Sea. Once there I was asked to engage and destroy enenmy merchants. So I did that and went to Soerabaia harbor to end the mission. Once there, I decided to resupply and destroy some more, even though I had completed all objectives. After that I went to look for enemies and all of sudden my sub didn't move anymore. Same thing: Every command was replied with: "Cannot comply!" Went to an earlier save point and after a while again the same problem, sub won't move and all they say is cannot comply.

So the bug is also there when I load an earlier save game, in other words: I should give up this carreer and start a new one? Who tells me this won't happen in a new career also? Really, REALLY annoying so please help me guys :(

kylesplanet
01-14-09, 12:22 AM
Well, I've run into the same problem but I use no mods and I don't use an s-boat either. So how do I solve it?

I started a career in 1941 with a Porpoise class submarine, I was stationed in Manila. So first mission I had to deploy to Celebes Sea. Once there I was asked to engage and destroy enenmy merchants. So I did that and went to Soerabaia harbor to end the mission. Once there, I decided to resupply and destroy some more, even though I had completed all objectives. After that I went to look for enemies and all of sudden my sub didn't move anymore. Same thing: Every command was replied with: "Cannot comply!" Went to an earlier save point and after a while again the same problem, sub won't move and all they say is cannot comply.

So the bug is also there when I load an earlier save game, in other words: I should give up this carreer and start a new one? Who tells me this won't happen in a new career also? Really, REALLY annoying so please help me guys :(

See if you left your crew at battle stations. If so, they're too tired. Relieve battle stations and let the crew rest for a while and it will take off again.

banjo
01-14-09, 10:19 AM
This was an early post and this thread should be deleted.

Soterius
01-15-09, 09:42 AM
Why delete something if it's still useful, Banjo?

Thank you for your reply, Kylesplanet!

banjo
01-15-09, 10:38 AM
Because the s- boat mod is no longer needed. It is included in the latest TMO.

Soterius
01-15-09, 03:00 PM
Oh, I understand. On the other hand: apparently the problem that the topic title speaks of, can also by forgetting to turn off "all to battlestations". So in that case, this topic might still be helpful to others, right?