PDA

View Full Version : SH4 bugs?

Fattysbox
10-22-08, 10:10 AM
SH4 bug?

Just bought SH4 and installed TMO...

My first patrol north of Borneo ran into a convoy and sunk a light cruiser but 5 DDs jumped on me. I evaded them for about 2 hours but realized that I had to head out of my apartment. Saved it, and came back to it later on.

Noticed 3 strange things:

1) Smoke was originating from my last known position. At first I though maybe one of the DDs dropped it as a signal, but the closest one was 2000 yards away. This now happens every time I save and load a game.

2) Tried firing off a stern torpedo at rear DD - but I got the message "can't fire too much damage" even though I never took damage (was not listed or registered) during the attack. :shifty:

3) Another time in a tanlge with 2 lone DDs that found me, I saved it again, and when I came back - NO DDs in sight... but still had smoke (even though I was submerged)

Any comments are much appreciated!

SteamWake
10-22-08, 10:30 AM
Dont save while submerged...

Dont save while there are alot of 'active' units about..

Now that I said that I do it all the time :rotfl: no corrupted saves... yet... knock on wood.

Lots of threads here about corrupted saves and the above two sentances seem to be the concensous. I guess next time just pause the game.

owner20071963
10-22-08, 10:48 AM
SH4 bug?

Just bought SH4 and installed TMO...

My first patrol north of Borneo ran into a convoy and sunk a light cruiser but 5 DDs jumped on me. I evaded them for about 2 hours but realized that I had to head out of my apartment. Saved it, and came back to it later on.

Noticed 3 strange things:

1) Smoke was originating from my last known position. At first I though maybe one of the DDs dropped it as a signal, but the closest one was 2000 yards away. This now happens every time I save and load a game.

2) Tried firing off a stern torpedo at rear DD - but I got the message "can't fire too much damage" even though I never took damage (was not listed or registered) during the attack. :shifty:

3) Another time in a tanlge with 2 lone DDs that found me, I saved it again, and when I came back - NO DDs in sight... but still had smoke (even though I was submerged)

Any comments are much appreciated! I would Recommend Saving your game Only when you Are Surfaced & with Less Ships About,the better,Same Issue is with Silent Hunter 3,Or just pause your game,
Though with the game Engine of SH4 Compared to SH3,This should not happen,but it does,Hope This Helps,
owner :arrgh!:

:lurk:

Fattysbox
10-22-08, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the comments!

Will I be able to repair my stern torpendoes when I get back to port? Again no damage is registered in the damage control screen.

I hope I don't have to start another career...