PDA

View Full Version : "Memories" from a Old Kaleu…

Red Heat
10-14-08, 02:50 PM
When I was young (looks like the song of Supertramp lol) the first computers was very expensive and only the important Companies have them, some years later came the Spectrum, Amiga, Comodore, 486 and so on…and me was a young student with out money I must play what we have in that time…board games like Monopoly, Risk and many others.

Between School and my free time reading it was another hobbie, special the History of the W.W. II wich for influence of my grandfather wich use to tell me great stories of Armies and Battles, and Great man.
My History family have a great tradition in the Sea, must of them was Sailors and Captains, some from the Merchant Navy, and others from the War Navy, and Navy Battles was my favourites, special The Battle of the Atlantic, in the W.W. II.

The magazines about games was very rare at the time (I was born in 1970) and when it’s possible I all aways look for Navy titles, and one time, reading a magazine I find “Aces of the Deep”.
I was so impress about the History of the game, and the screenshots was incrible real
And I was so excited, next day after School I went to a very small shop wich sell this king of stuff with hypothetic idea to find the game.
But when I walk in direction to the small shop I was thinking to myself why you want to buy the game? You don’t have computer…you will buy the game and what? Steering to the game all night long!?

Id this thoughts in my head I climb to the first floor, immediately I start to search the few games exposed…I search and search and in the corner something call my attention and when I ask the lady if it was possible to see the game wich I was pointing at…gently the women put in my hands…and for my deep surprise “Aces of the Deep” was in front of me but another problem came…I didn't have enough money to buy the game…it was to much for me.

When I go back home with the image from the “Aces of the Deep” in my head, and very very sad and very disappointed, but thinking in kind of solution to my problem…
During the dinner my parents noticed something was wrong with me and ask me what happened and I said what happed in the the afternoon and they the answer was what I all ready suspect to be…”why you want a computer game if you don’t have one!?”
But after the long “fight” I was able to explain id like to buy the game for the future, and when I was a computer on my own, well they give me the money to buy the game, and in that night it was the strange long night, and in the another morning (it was Saturday and the commerce as open until 13:00) I went to the shop again, and I fly to the first floor and I ask the lady for the game not pointing for it but like this: I want the “Aces of the Deep”…but she search and search and the game it wasn’t there…moments later she remember and said: I sold that game a few hours a go!

Words for what? I die two times in less of 24 hours lol…years later I find the first “Silent Hunter” but in that time had a computer all ready, them came the SH2, SH3, SH4 and I never stop to playing simulation of Submarines Now you can imagine my satisfaction today playing SH3 GWX, GWX 2.0 GWX 2.1 with a great game history great graphics, with surround sound, sharing this feeling with my friends all over the world…This a Great Dream came true!

God bless you all,

Thank you!