PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

thrasher
10-09-08, 11:25 AM
I have a renwon class dead in the water. I have no eels left but I do have deck gun ammo. I hate to leave such a prize just sitting there, anyone have any ideas on how to finnish her off?

THRASHER

meduza
10-09-08, 11:52 AM
I never tried gun duel with the battleship, but you probably couldn't even scratch her paint :D. And you would soon be dead.

I would submerge to a safe depth and wait. Maybe she will sink after some time. It may take hours, maybe the whole day, but it would be worth it.

FIREWALL
10-09-08, 12:04 PM
In R\L I would imagine the radio's would be buzzing and the race would be on.

But that is a wild guess. :D

Unfortunately the game won't do that. :cry: :damn:

andym
10-09-08, 12:16 PM
Take the bit between the mouth and RAM the Mutha!Might work,might not,be lots of fun though.:) :) :) :)

Philipp_Thomsen
10-09-08, 12:21 PM
Go for around 5km distance and fire all the gunshells you have at her waterlevel.

At this distance she will probably miss all her shots.

Find which side she's deeper in the water, so she can't lift her cannons high enough to a 5km shot, then you finish her off. :up:

GoldenRivet
10-09-08, 02:12 PM
Is she listing?

If so, go to the side that is highest in the water, surface at point blank range, and spend all of your deck gun ammo on her. her guns cant aim low enough to hit you.

good luck

edit: also... send a contact report through your radio man. maybe something will show up and sink it

Kipparikalle
10-09-08, 02:42 PM
...Or

Call McGywer

GoldenRivet
10-09-08, 03:30 PM
board her! :rock:

superfecta
10-09-08, 05:29 PM
Surface close enough that she can't shoot down to your boat. You won't be able to lower your gun low enough for waterline shots so try for an ammo bunker or fuel bunker. A very handy technique for dead in the water merchants who would try to sink you!!

bookworm_020
10-09-08, 05:41 PM
Surface close enough that she can't shoot down to your boat. You won't be able to lower your gun low enough for waterline shots so try for an ammo bunker or fuel bunker. A very handy technique for dead in the water merchants who would try to sink you!!

You sould be able to lower your gun low enough and still be able to keep out of reach of her guns. Try and aim along the hull as it will open more of her up to flooding!:arrgh!:

Flamingboat
10-09-08, 08:44 PM

haha!

Cezbor
10-10-08, 09:16 AM
haha!

Well, well .... funny reading you all guys. I was in the same situation and frankly it's fubar mission. The only way to sink it is ...... to modify gun.zone or gun.sim file (I don't remember which one at this time) and set your guns minimum about 500% of it's initial firepower.
The huk is ...... your last save may not load. So .... thats make it only fire and forget suggestion. Firing on BB at point blank range won't even scratch it's paint. :rotfl: And something else ... i do not suggest gun duel with this baby at any distance shorter than 8 km (if it's still afloat and you're not attacking it from distance up to aprox. 50 m.:arrgh!: - It has some minor guns and AA sets). I'd tried it ones at 8km with 2 BB's (I was very stupid and unexperienced that early times) and than could see some sand at the bottom after aprox. 2 minutes. :-? :rotfl:

- Gute jagd after all. I may be wrong.

Keel Basa
10-10-08, 12:20 PM
Definitely the contact report. A DIW Renown and no torpedos is what we call "time to share." :arrgh!:

Kapt Z
10-11-08, 11:59 AM
Definitely the contact report. A DIW Renown and no torpedos is what we call "time to share." :arrgh!:

Yes. Console yourself that you have put a major enemy warship out of action for quite a while and that's if she survives to be towed in.:yep:

Too bad the game doesn't allow you to get 'damaged' credit.:nope:

Scape
10-11-08, 09:59 PM
If the weather turned would that sink her with high waves?